View Single Post
Old 18-11-2014

Default modified rude bits wieght

i ordered a 54g under lipo weight to put under my shorty in my 22 2.0.
when it arrived, i found that it was a little wider than the space i had for the battery, so decided to file it down, and whilst i was at it, filed a bit more away so i could get the weight in between the waterfall covering the motor so i had the option to get the weight a bit further back.

it worked very well - when i took it out to see the difference, i kept rolling on the sweeper at the end of the straight that i was having no issues with before.

i then saw Tony Evdoka of Rudebits at maritime on a tuesday night and spoke to him about the weight being a bit wider than the lipo and how i had filed the weight down.

Tony told me that the 54g weight was designed to go under saddle packs hence its width, but asked me to send him a photo of my filed weight with measurements.
then when i saw Tony the following saturday at the off road wars, he gave me a new weight, nicely finished, and at the correct width for a shorty. its a few grammes lighter, but i doubt that will make enough of a difference that ill notice it just yet.

Tony also mentioned that he had made up a few more just in case anyone else wants one.

but mostly wanted to say a public thank you to Tony for excellent service.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weight.jpg (261.0 KB, 17 views)