View Single Post
  #10  
Old 05-06-2015
Ashlandchris's Avatar
Ashlandchris Ashlandchris is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mirfield
Posts: 1,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StwBald View Post
All the shell on my page have been done with a Veda 180 £25, apart from the last one that was done by me new Iwata kustom cs £145. visually there is not much difference but the iwata is easier, easier to clean which believe me takes up most of your time, easier to use, more consistant and just a world of apart, you can tell it's better quality.

If I was to start again I would deffinately go with the iwata, but £120 more when your starting out is massive especially when you just want to try your hand at it.
Good points. My original cheap airbrush was ok for putting down layers in solid blocks assuming I had masked the areas. I couldn't do fades as the brush was irregular and would spatter etc. having a decent brush does enable me to do fades (now limited by skill, rather than equipment). The better compressor allows for easy pressure regulation so I can drop it for the fades, and up it for the coverage.
I also agree, the iwata is a world apart in terms of ease of cleaning. It just doesn't seem to clog, while my other one seems to do nothing but clog!
__________________
I've got Araldite and a Swiss Army Knife - what more do I need?


Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Reply With Quote