View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015

Default Shock setups and swaybars

Since i bought my D413 in May 2014 I have always tried to make the buggy stiffer in the front. And I have tried a bunch of stuff.

Some of the latest adjustments that has really improved the buggy is making a 2mm sway bar from 2mm rod. (tig welding rod) to put in the front. I also made a 1,6mm for the rear.

For the shocks i took the 4x1.2 original pistons and made 2x1.2 + 2x1.5 for the front with 60 Losi oil 3mm limiters. For the rear 2x1.2 + 2x1.6 and losi 32.5 oil and 2mm limiters. The rest of the setup is Richard Lowe`s setup from RHR

The shocks are amazing on smooth as well as rough/bumpy tracks. I always try to land a bit on the front wheels.

I posted a thread above here on moving the shocks to the rear of the tower. this really helps out if you have sharp bumps where you are acelerating. You will probably not feel/see any difference on other kinds of elements. But so far no negative handling on change of shocks position.

I ran the Nordics last weekend with this setup in Oslo, which is a high traction/rough track. And tonight i ran the exactly same setup at my home track which is very smooth/high traction and i set new lap records 5 times in one battery.