Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
  #5173  
Old 14-01-2016
HKS_TRD's Avatar
HKS_TRD HKS_TRD is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 893
Default

Thats looking great James. I was thinking the countersunk screw idea you originally had would be hard to assemble if not impossible and seems you came to the same conclusion.
What depth does the nut need to be to work for this design? I plan to run a kingpin ballpoint and it looks like this design will be compatible with that.
Another option is to use a bolt inside the knuckle and a nyloc nut on the outside but that may foul on the c hubs.
Another advantage I see in your design is there is no thread in the knuckle to fail, how many f us have had a perfectly good knuckle arm rendered useless due to a stripped kingpin thread.
Will the 3D printed version be suitable for running, I anticipate alloy is best to be able to tighten the screw right up without fear of the nut chewing out the hex opening
__________________
___________________
Maxxum FF
Ultima Pro
Turbo Optima Mid SE
Turbo Optima Mid SP
Optima Mid Custom Special
Lazer ZX
Lazer ZX-R
Lazer ZX-S
Reply With Quote