View Single Post
  #29  
Old 14-02-2008
MattW's Avatar
MattW MattW is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 1,396
Send a message via MSN to MattW
Default

It's a fair call that some of the yellows from last year really weren't that great. I gave them some grief over it and i'm sure i wasn't the only one. I was assured that it was being sorted, as someone has mentioned with the moulds. I'm not sure about the part numbers and all, i didn't ask.

The GRP's i saw did indeed look well moulded, but then you'd expect that for a brand spanking new mould, and this should also be the case with the Schumacher's soon (I hope!!). I haven't run any GRP's personally, but it looked to me purely by watching others run them that the wear rate looked a little high, but then some say it doens't effect grip. Haven't tested them personally, but can't help thinking it must. Otherwise we wouldn't bother putting new tyres on! When both companies have new moulds, it's fair to compare.
Reply With Quote