View Single Post
Old 23-09-2017

Unhappy Hobbyking V3.1 1s speedo issues

I picked up a second hand Hobbyking V3.1 1s speedo and I'm having trouble getting it to calibrate to my radio gear. I'll run through everything I've tried. Maybe I am missing something?

The speedo is running the latest firmware version and the programming card is up to date too (i've just updated them this morning). The radio throttle channel is set to reverse. The receiver wire is the all black on, and I assume I am plugging it into the receiver correctly (signal wire is the furthest left when looking at the side of the receiver plug where you can see the gold tabs)

When I plug the speedo into the battery and turn it on, the red light comes on as expected. I then hold the power button and the speedo goes into calibration mode (the red light flashes and the motor beeps as it should). This should calibrate neutral. I then press the speedo button to signal the neutral point and the speedo turns off rather than recognising neutral. I then cannot get the speedo to turn on again unless I unplug the battery. The speedo then turns back on, but when I try to enter calibration mode the same thing happens.

I have tried a different receiver and a different sensor cable neither of which worked.
Is the speedo dead? Can it be repaired? Am I flogging a dead horse? Any input would be gratefully received!
Thanks in advance
M