Thread: 2wd 410
View Single Post
Old 27-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineyak View Post
Is it possible to turn the motor around so it is in the rear of the car and then use a shorty lipo down the opposite side?

Interesting. I may have to try this. I'm building a 410Rv3 just to play around in the dirt at a local track. Most of the 1/10 cars that race there are 2WD. I'll share pics if I do this.

--------------------------------------
Update:

I ran into a snag in the concept. There is super simple way that comes to mind for clipping the battery in since the plastic part of the slipper/motor mount has the thru-put for the battery strap pin. With the slipper/motor mount turned 180 degrees, there's nothing to secure the front of the strap to. I'll look into other means.

-------------------------------------
Update 2:

Not gonna happen. It's possible, but it would require way too many modifications to be worth it. I wanted to do it in a way to make it simple to make a proper (somewhat proper) 2WD car by simply turning the slipper mount around and removing the front drive components, then replacing installing axles. The problem are, but not limited to, the side rails needing fairly significant amount of plastic removed to make room for the battery and motor. This includes removal of the tab that people tend to mount the transponder or switch to. A couple new mounting holes required for the side rails. A way to hold the battery down will need to be invented. A hole required to install the aluminum part of the mount will intersect an existing hole. Technically, the slipper mount could be mounted a bit more aft to avoid this. The rear brace would have to be modified to make room for the battery, which would weaken it. The motor would be directly against the motor..... It's all just a bit much for my taste.