View Single Post
Old 26-06-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliveyp View Post
I'm not aware of the Maclan range, but i'm willing to go an have a look.

As this was my thread originally though, it's probably worth letting you know what I settled for and why....for me it was the XR10. I have run a HW previously in GT12 and found it faultless - admittedly that had always been the case for LRP with me too (even back to brushed days), until I plugged it in the wrong way and fried it. My choice was driven by local support - ie, resellers that I could speak to should I have any issue - and the geek-factor of a wifi module to program/update it. The Orca was a lovely looking unit, but I noticed I didn't have such a good local dealer support should I have issues.
I understand that it's difficult being the brands unknown nature in the TC world. I'm a competitive racer with national A final pace. So I won't use something that if I think it won't give me the performance I need and the Maclan range is giving that.

Regarding support, talk to Kev Lee at Inside Line Models. He always has stock and he also offers a service if anything was to fail. Which there have been no known faults and they are regularly used in off road.

Hope this helps 😊
Moody fools
Richpaint
Gmcc