View Single Post
Old 22-11-2011

I know Tamiya cars since the eighties and know that sometimes they have released very much complicated, overengineered cars. This for example looks very much like the old Chassis like Avante and Egress in the way that they are way too complicated while the competitors show how easy and simple a design can be. I see there are way too many gears therefore bearings and so on that could get damaged. While i think this will be in the price region of the Durango V3 it will clearly be the worse car thorughout.

Don´t get me wrong guys, i am a Tamiya lover since i was 11 but i find it really strange to release a super car like TRF511, then convert this design to shaft driven, will say TRF502X and convert this one to the budget version and make it way more complicated and more expensive to maintain in comparison to 511 and 502X. Everyone who has driven either one of these TRF´s will tell me i am right when i say the only this you need for the 511 is some center pulleys and some diff pulleys. Once in a season change the belts and you´re done.

Am i the only one who thinks Tamiya have released a car that goes backwards in evolution rather than forward?

I find the car interestin- no doubt about, but only to talk about it, i am definitly not keen on driving it...