View Single Post
Old 31-12-2016

Anyone still running a VBC Racing Firebolt?

I picked up a new/unused but built car from the classified here a couple of months back and am running it at SHRCCC.

Been away from racing for 20-25yrs (gulp) but it seems like a great bit of kit to me! I have nothing to compare it to but it seems very well made and has been very stable on the straights and over the jumps. Nicely balanced.

Had a couple of bolt heads shear off in accidents but my front bulkhead and other parts have been rock solid and show no signs of damage, despite my ham-fisted driving skills.

Running a sensorless 4000kv, 4-pole set up and 45 amp ESC (Dynamite Tazer combo), which would appear to be 'low spec' compared to most on here, but it seems very quick and smooth.

Running the standard ball diff and standard kit parts at the moment with Schumacher mini dart yellows all round and 40wt oil in the front dampers and 35wt in the rear.

Lacking a bit of front end bite but will try my new set up (lowered, less toe-in at the front) at practice on Tuesday, though I have moved the battery from the longitudinal position to the rear/horizontal to make more space for the ESC, which probably won't help the balance.

Interested to see/hear what others are doing with theirs!
Associated RC12R5.1