View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017

Great to hear that some are still using them!

It certainly does seem to be a lower traction design compared to the latest carpet/astro buggies like the B6, RB6.6, YZ-2 etc.

I'd be interested in a new chassis. Was struggling with fitting the Rx and ESC in the chassis with the battery run lengthways. I was wondering whether I could design a new carbon or 7075 chassis with the battery moved all the way up to the servo, leaving room between the back of the LiPo and motor for the electronics.

I see the PR Racing PRSV1 has room for the ESC there when running MM. Perhaps you could move the battery up just say 5-10mm (if at all) and change the rear battery stays to make room for the ESC there. That would help get some more weight over the front.

I haven't done the upside down castor block trick (read about it - need to look at the car) to try and get more steering but I also haven't tried different springs/ damper oil/ toe yet.

Would be cool if VBC did a new car with a laydown transmission but you don't hear so much news about their buggies, sadly.
Associated RC12R5.1