View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
Umm be interesting to know which classes in general have financed the carpet? ...... Just wondered
The club as a whole has financed the carpet, not one particular class. I think we have to give it some serious thought as to how to protect and prolong the life of the carpet though. Mini pins, in my opinion did some damage to the previous carpet in causing it to fluff up and grip to become variable and there are perfectly viable alternatives to minipins that can be run, and to be fair may well last longer on a buggy than mini pins did and offer better grip. However, this is my opinion, and a decision will be made by the committee not me!
Slick / treaded buggy tyres may be tested on our old carpet track and the results posted here. We will also give people as much notice as possible bnefore the indoor season starts.
We do not want to ruin any ones racing, but we must consider how to properly protect our investment.

One thing is pretty certain, shock tower protectors will become mandatory, (yet another coimmittee decision so not 100%) and checks will be made for loose screws underneath etc!

Alan