View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoiwebb View Post
Shorty conversion will handle differently to our saddlepack standard versions, I did try a home made shorty conversion for a bit but it needed more work and I didn't have time to sort it, was getting more consistent results with the saddles. Hopefully an updated factory shorty conversion will sort this.
Same setup is being run on all our friend's saddle pack XB4's

There's a very very slight shift in weight distribution on a shorty converted 2WD and a standard saddle pack layout (we have 4 x XB4 2WD's here).

Biggest benefit of the shorty conversion is that you save a small amount of overall weight which you then can add to the rear.

The main thing though is to have the front setup with a tiny amount of push.
99% of the 2WD's I see are setup way too soft with the result of the car collapsing and diffing out in the turns (which is what the majority of the complaints are all about).

We've raced the XB4 2WD on all surfaces this past year including loose dirt, clay, astro and carpet with plywood sections (slippery) with great success.

It's all in the setup really as the XB4 2WD due to it's different weight bias needs a different setup to function properly

Bent