Thread: XB2
View Single Post
Old 23-12-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobber View Post
Well I'd better start then.

I set mine up with kit setup apart from a few minor tweeks and on its first run it was in the wet. Out of the box, damp astro, greasy surface and it was right on the money and I was equalling times straight away as I do with my kf2. As the morning went on the track dried out and I put yellows on, oh my god! It was phenomenal, albeit a little soft at the rear but no grip roll. On that day I only had one heat with yellows as it soon got damp again.

Next week it was chucking it down, I used the same BB greens from the previous week all meeting and it was faultless and was almost lapping a good dry time.

Last weekend the track started slightly damp which meant it was greasy but towards the end of the morning it had dried sufficiently for yellows. A few quick changes to make it more suitable for the dry and the handling was spot on. Battery to the front, rear chassis flex screws changed from grip to stability and put 2 stripe rear springs on. For such a quick change it handled very well and I was able to put fast laps in lap after lap, very easy to drive.

So far, all in all the car works very well for me, so much so that I have sold my old kf and given my son my kf2. Well worth the wait!
Thanks for the feedback. I can't wait to get mine built, it's currently wrapped up under the christmas tree!

In the wet did you run the battery towards the back?