Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > West Bridgford Model Car Club

Old 19-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Friday night Scoring system for off-road

Rob J,why for round 3 have i been put 3rd when i won

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 20-09-2010
Mad Member

Well it's round by round Your scores were a 3,1,7,5 Dropping two gives you 4 points.

Pat got two ones giving him two points

And martin got a 1 and a two giving him 3 points.

I am bit confused about why Pat came second to martin though as he easily won the night.

I think it might be the fact that because we mix all the classes together and then separate the results out using a car make to separate them up it probably take the overall position of all the classes combined to give you your overall score. and as martin won in the last round, when there were less competitors it has probably given him a higher round score than pat got which is not right. Will go through them all and amend them when I get chance tonight.

Anyways from my quick working out from the heat results you would have been third anyways mark.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 20-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

i see,i, as im sure most people thought it was who ever has the fastest time won

Old 20-09-2010

Fuck me im totaly confused by the points system now....

There is nothing that gaffer tape and zip ties can't fix..I think we should delete all durango owners from team shambles,unless i buy one of the cheaper ones.....
Old 20-09-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
i see,i, as im sure most people thought it was who ever has the fastest time won
We have run the round by round system for ages, effectively means each round is a race
Old 21-09-2010
Mad Member

Right I have gone through all the SCT results from the past three fridays and put them right. Has Benefited Mr Mardy as he is rightly leading the championship now.

Oh an the mini results are back up.

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 21-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cheers Rob

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 21-09-2010

Default Go

Oh we were racing were we?

I just thought it was a huge banger race lol.
________
Honda Cbr600Sjr
Old 22-09-2010

Back in the day, round-by-round qualifying was introduced to make sure that later rounds of qualifying still mattered even if the track cut up or if it rained. Otherwise, with FTD qualifying, if you had a 'mare in round 1 and it then rained, you had no chance of improving.

So we still use it outdoors because the track conditions are changing throughout the meeting.

However I have to wonder why we're using it indoors when the track conditions do not change at all from one round to the next (OK, there is a general increase in grip but it's minor, especially for off-road). It's simpler just to go on the FTD time. Rob - I think we should consider changing this for the indoor series. What do you think?

Only 2 other points to add:

1. Why are you lot bothered anyway if SCTs are only about having fun? There were a lot of serious faces on the rostrum on Friday for a fun class...

2. If you want to make sure of the win, just go fastest in every round like me. That way you can have the win and the FTD.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST
Old 22-09-2010
Mad Member

Track markings and jumps move places though Paul, its also about being consistent (which suits you!)
Old 22-09-2010

Jumps maybe a bit, but not really enough to make a significant difference to the lap time. So long as we remember to put them all back out after the snoring cars of course.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Old 23-09-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
However I have to wonder why we're using it indoors when the track conditions do not change at all from one round to the next (OK, there is a general increase in grip but it's minor, especially for off-road). It's simpler just to go on the FTD time. Rob - I think we should consider changing this for the indoor series. What do you think?
No I don't agree. Using Round by round for off-road is the done thing. And it makes sense to use it on a Friday night seeing as we have put the jumps on and then take them back off again. I know we do our best to get everything back the way they were by marking the track with tape etc but it doesn't stop the ramps being put out in the same order on track so that one nice stable ramp that was on your racing line in rounds two and three might have been inadvertently replaced with a slightly dodgy one which catches you out and then screws your run up. The other thing is last year we had a meeting where a ramp was placed in a bad position. We had two rounds of problem free racing and then the third round we had cars taking the ramp badly, ending up on the straight and had a few head on collisions resulting in a couple of guys going home early as they couldn't fix their cars. For the last round we moved the ramp to a different location on the track and had no more head on collisions. This wasn't a problem with round by round but you wouldn't have been able to do it running FTD.

I totally prefer round by round qualifying. It means to win you have to be consistently quick, if you make a mistake you have to do damage limitation and go for trying to get back places you have lost and it means that you are not sure who has won until the final results come out. I think it makes it more of a race meeting than a one round wonder.

And anyways, Worksop run round by round, Broxtowe run round by round, Batley run round by round, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Track markings and jumps move places though Paul, its also about being consistent (which suits you!)
...and is usually why your last most weeks

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 23-09-2010

Wow, are you thinking of becoming an OCD member mate? I thought any rough ramp position would be OK for a Shambler... Obviously precision is important in some aspects of the Shambles world. Better wash that bloody Volvo before you apply for your OCD membership though.

Anyway, consistency suits me because my wheels are always attached properly so I am fine with RBR qualifying personally, just as long as the wider membership understand how it works. Sounds like we need to keep an eye on the results so that it awards points fairly though. From what you were saying above it seems like when we mix the classes it may not always work out the points properly???

I'm still going to have that 1st place off-road trophy this year though...

Old 23-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiejuk View Post
No I don't agree. Using Round by round for off-road is the done thing. And it makes sense to use it on a Friday night seeing as we have put the jumps on and then take them back off again. I know we do our best to get everything back the way they were by marking the track with tape etc but it doesn't stop the ramps being put out in the same order on track so that one nice stable ramp that was on your racing line in rounds two and three might have been inadvertently replaced with a slightly dodgy one which catches you out and then screws your run up. The other thing is last year we had a meeting where a ramp was placed in a bad position. We had two rounds of problem free racing and then the third round we had cars taking the ramp badly, ending up on the straight and had a few head on collisions resulting in a couple of guys going home early as they couldn't fix their cars. For the last round we moved the ramp to a different location on the track and had no more head on collisions. This wasn't a problem with round by round but you wouldn't have been able to do it running FTD.

I totally prefer round by round qualifying. It means to win you have to be consistently quick, if you make a mistake you have to do damage limitation and go for trying to get back places you have lost and it means that you are not sure who has won until the final results come out. I think it makes it more of a race meeting than a one round wonder.

And anyways, Worksop run round by round, Broxtowe run round by round, Batley run round by round, etc...

...and is usually why your last most weeks
I agree Rob, However if round by round is used and each round your taken out by an other driver then it reults in the same out come! as SCT racing should have friendly contact it matters not alot!!!!

Race for fun who cares what the out come is!!!!!!!!! The winner is who laughed the most...............
Old 24-09-2010

Default Go

Can I just say for the record, that I couldn't give a monkeys ass about scoring, as I just use my own personal scoring system. It goes a little like this.....
  • Finish the race, 1pt
  • Make someone else not finish the race, 2pts
  • Hit anyone with ginger hair on the track, 1 pt
  • Hit anyone with ginger hair on the rostrum with my car, 10pts
  • hit anyone with ginger hair on the rostrum with a body part, 1pt
  • Get hit by another truck, minus 1pt
  • Get hit by ant, minus 2 pts
  • Fall off rostrum, epic fail, game over. return to pits immediately
  • Shout the word 'marshal' at any point in the race minus 1pt
  • Call Angry Rob a 'Pouton', 1 pt
  • Make Pat squeal like a piglet, 2 pts
  • Make Pat announce that he is going to buy a touring car,instant win of the entire evenings events.
So gentlemen it is a game of maths, the more points you get the higher your score.

In my opinion everyone needs to chill the flip out and enjoy fragging their car round the track in the company of other idiots.

There are formulae for people who give a crap where they come, its called touring cars.
________
Cannabis collective
Old 24-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Codpiece-The-2nd View Post
Can I just say for the record, that I couldn't give a monkeys ass about scoring, as I just use my own personal scoring system. It goes a little like this.....
  • Finish the race, 1pt
  • Make someone else not finish the race, 2pts
  • Hit anyone with ginger hair on the track, 1 pt
  • Hit anyone with ginger hair on the rostrum with my car, 10pts
  • hit anyone with ginger hair on the rostrum with a body part, 1pt
  • Get hit by another truck, minus 1pt
  • Get hit by ant, minus 2 pts
  • Fall off rostrum, epic fail, game over. return to pits immediately
  • Shout the word 'marshal' at any point in the race minus 1pt
  • Call Angry Rob a 'Pouton', 1 pt
  • Make Pat squeal like a piglet, 2 pts
  • Make Pat announce that he is going to buy a touring car,instant win of the entire evenings events.
So gentlemen it is a game of maths, the more points you get the higher your score.

In my opinion everyone needs to chill the flip out and enjoy fragging their car round the track in the company of other idiots.

There are formulae for people who give a crap where they come, its called touring cars.
ROFPMSL

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 24-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

At the end of the day its a racewhen you have 4 people on the same lap and the same corner tapping each other and swopping positions its awsome fun,its not when some one a lap down,takes you out and you cant catch back up,i know if the tank driving cock was in with us and was taking people out who were having a good race there would be words,it is the most fun racing because you can follow so close,im off the lay a brown onion

Old 24-09-2010
Mad Member

Lloyd, you missed the points for breaking pats aerial with your car
Old 24-09-2010

Default Go

Very true I will add it to the official rule book of chuff. Thanks for pointing that one out.

Vark you do have a point, I will make sure I only aim for you if we are on the same lap.

It's alright for me to say this, but come the sunday series and it will be a whole different story. I will bring out my alter ego mr. competetive.
________
Digital vaporizer
Old 24-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Codpiece-The-2nd View Post
Very true I will add it to the official rule book of chuff. Thanks for pointing that one out.

Vark you do have a point, I will make sure I only aim for you if we are on the same lap.

It's alright for me to say this, but come the sunday series and it will be a whole different story. I will bring out my alter ego mr. competetive.

Racing, Competitive, 10.5 ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ How's that possible!!!