Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 26-01-2011
Super Moderator

Default Ebay - Feedback

Sold quite a lot of stuff on Ebay recently and some guy who didn't pay for aaaagggggeeeesssss (that I had to start a non paying dispute with) has left me Negative feedback that simply says "Thanks".

This spoils my 100% rating, I don't really give a f**k, but is there anything you can do? Ask Ebay to remove it or anything?

Cheers,

G
Old 26-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

First step, message him and see if he explains why. If he agrees, he can resubmit feedback - you have to request it somehow to him.

Second step if above fails, message ebay.

And if that fails, you can add comments to your negative feedback so any one looking can see them.
Old 27-01-2011

One of the many problems with Ebay and Paypal I'm afraid. There's next to 0 seller protection.

I'd do as above, respond to the feedback through the feedback forum although I doubt due to the anonymous nature of the site anything will happen...
Old 27-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

I sold a car last week. buyer jumped in in the last 20 secs and won it. haven't heard from him since and the phone number supplied by ebay is for some medical centre who have never heard of "don ji". I've messaged him and sent an invoice. plus is has 0 feedback, but all I can leave is positive. it's pants.
Old 27-01-2011
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
I sold a car last week. buyer jumped in in the last 20 secs and won it. haven't heard from him since and the phone number supplied by ebay is for some medical centre who have never heard of "don ji". I've messaged him and sent an invoice. plus is has 0 feedback, but all I can leave is positive. it's pants.
Made some progress with mine, messaged nicely asking why the negative feedback, and he replied saying it was a mistake and he meant to leave +ve and would look into it.

Then another message saying he couldn't see a way of changing it.

Is there any way he can? I've asked him to contact Ebay.

Big G - keep sending invoices! That's all you can do for now. We had 4 people who didn't pay. I did that until it was possible for me to start a non paying bidder dispute (a few days). That normally wakes them up

G
Old 27-01-2011

Northy, yes you can. Here's a link to how --> http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/feedbac...n-request.html
Old 27-01-2011

There's always Goofbay... give it a google, it'll be worth it I'm sure...
Old 27-01-2011
Mad Member

One thing that seems to be ever increasing and annoying is sellers not leaving feedback until feedback has been left for them.

Why? I've done my part of the deal and paid you straight away - so leave me my feeback! I've got a whole list of items I've bought, received and left feedback but still await my feedback desite emailing the sellers repeatedly.

Bloody annoying!
Old 27-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
One thing that seems to be ever increasing and annoying is sellers not leaving feedback until feedback has been left for them.

Why? I've done my part of the deal and paid you straight away - so leave me my feeback! I've got a whole list of items I've bought, received and left feedback but still await my feedback desite emailing the sellers repeatedly.

Bloody annoying!

So as long as you've got feedback above 10, why worry if the seller hasn't left feedback. Surely by repeatedly emailing them, their feedback although postive might be less than glowing. Think the delayed buyer feedback is a hangover from when sellers could threaten to leave buyers negative feedback.

When I sell I leave feedback once the item has been paid for and dispatched, which is normally the same day.
Old 27-01-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
So as long as you've got feedback above 10, why worry if the seller hasn't left feedback.
Because I'm proud of my 250+ 100% feedback rating that's why!
Old 27-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post

Bloody annoying!
Back in the day sellers never left feedback until the buyer had received and was happy with the item... IMO this is as it should be.
That was when sellers could leave neg feedback .. alas those days are gone.
It was the far east sellers that started to leave feedback as soon as they had received payment that started this change.
Old 28-01-2011

as a seller i always wiait for the buying to leave feedback, wats to stop the buyer after i left feedback opening up a claim to get money back or becoming a pain in the arse??
Old 28-01-2011
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

As a buyer if you don't leave positive feedback after my instant payment then you don't get it left for you at all.
Old 28-01-2011

Yeah it's all well and good leaving buyers positive feedback as soon as they pay, but the deals not closed until they've received the item and are happy with it! You can get buyers who once they get the item don't like it for whatever reason / say it didn't turn up etc etc.... You then have to refund/discount or whatever -bend over backwards and you've already left them good feedback which wasn't deserved.

Ludlow Radio Car Club

LRCC Youtube Vid.
Old 28-01-2011
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb_75 View Post
Yeah it's all well and good leaving buyers positive feedback as soon as they pay, but the deals not closed until they've received the item and are happy with it! You can get buyers who once they get the item don't like it for whatever reason / say it didn't turn up etc etc.... You then have to refund/discount or whatever -bend over backwards and you've already left them good feedback which wasn't deserved.
Utterly irrelevant.
The buyer buys, then pays. If that goes accordingly then positive feedback should be given. The buyers part is done. If the buyer becomes a cock then report them to eBay. Failing that, open a shop and sell stuff through there.
Old 28-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
Utterly irrelevant.
Hardly!

Ludlow Radio Car Club

LRCC Youtube Vid.
Old 29-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb_75 View Post

Ebay recommends: "Use a delivery service that provides online trackable proof of delivery" It may cost a bit more, but at least the buyer can't lie about a non-delivery.

And regarding if they don't like it, well as long as you mention any defects when listing the item and you opt for "no returns" think you've pretty much covered yourself to all but the most pain in the butt buyer.
Old 29-01-2011
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
Ebay recommends: "Use a delivery service that provides online trackable proof of delivery" It may cost a bit more, but at least the buyer can't lie about a non-delivery.

And regarding if they don't like it, well as long as you mention any defects when listing the item and you opt for "no returns" think you've pretty much covered yourself to all but the most pain in the butt buyer.
Correct Nige.
It's all about being the best seller you can be, and that means covering your back with simple things like high quality pictures showing exactly the condition of the item and not skimping on postage fee's, etc.
Admittedly there are loads of tosser out there, but a great deal of good buyers/sellers as well.
Old 30-01-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to daz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
Utterly irrelevant.
The buyer buys, then pays. If that goes accordingly then positive feedback should be given. The buyers part is done. If the buyer becomes a cock then report them to eBay. Failing that, open a shop and sell stuff through there.
Disagree with u there dude, I always leave feedback when the buyer recieves item and leaves me good feedback. Theres too many cocks who dont read the item description or is expecting something what is brandnew when is clearly described as well used and leave u shite feedback.