Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 30-06-2011

Default setup station for Losi 22

Hello, I've been racing my Losi 22 a few weeks now, and it's nearly entirely stock, with a couple of tweeks to camber angles and shock positioning its started to really come good, racing tomorrow night with new springs but driving outside playing with top link setup, I've found alot more rear end grip through changing the camber change (top link thingy) and its going a treat, see what it's like tomorrow on the track (where it will probably be the other way round ).

Anyyyyway I digress, the question I have is will this car fit on the fastrax setup station (or other) without modification, main question is how does it all attach to the wheel mounting area? I know most touring cars just have a M3 (kind of size) shaft and the wheel is held on by a nut. The 22 wheels gets bolted on (if you have one you know what I mean). Will creating a threaded shaft with a limiter on it (so it doesn't disappear down the axle) mean I can use a setup station, as per a touring car?

I'm bored of guessing what camber/toe angles I'm running as I've never found camber gauges overly accurate, be nice to have accurate numbers so I know exactly what setup I'm using each time, so I can actually be a tad more scientific.
Old 01-07-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

This is all you need mate
http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/cml...tId=0000001425
Old 01-07-2011

That's what I use to Tristan. I don't think the adjustments on buggy's is as critical as on touring cars. All my buggys have that much slop in them its hard to get a setting lol.
Old 04-07-2011

I was just thinking because I would use it for touring cars as well. But yes the slop is probably going to throw out measurements anyway.

On the plus side my 22 drove like a dream considering it doesn't have any weight in it at all, all the changes where very minor, so think I'm going to play with subtle things for the next meeting. Hopefully I will have the new balls for the diff as that sounds like a bag of nails at the moment. Do you ruff up the surface of the diff rings or just fit them with diff grease as per the manual?

I'll hopefully get round to posting a setup sheet this week.
Old 04-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristanssid View Post
Do you ruff up the surface of the diff rings or just fit them with diff grease as per the manual?

Follow these instructions..... http://www.trfracing.co.uk/page_1265187551237.html

Lee is rebuilding a tamiya diff but the process is the same
Old 04-07-2011

Hi,

I've bought the Hudy set-up station (second-hand) and I'm very happy with it.
Before I used to checked the camber with the camber gauge.
With the camber gauge I set -1 degree but if you compared with the set-up station the -1 degree set with the camber gauge it's become -3 degree with the set-up station.

What does it mean, in a word? The wheels and the camber gauge are not so precise as the set-up station. OK, it's an off road car but the angles are always angles
Old 04-07-2011

Thanks for your reply, if I can get hold of one without spending silly money I would like to give it a bash, I've been really trying to take slop out of my 22 and other then that darn steering block it's pretty rock solid (I have seen they've released an aluminium that might help, but at £23 I think I'll leave it!!)

I have been using a spirit level/compass with wheels without tyres to try and be abit more accurate. I was just wondering how they mount to the car as losi wheels are bolted on to a hub rather then held on with a nut.

I daren't change anything right now it drove soooo well at the last meeting, but as I'm going from a low grip session to a high grip session next I fear I may have to just keep count of how much I adjust each setting by.