Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 27-03-2014

Default DEX210v2 or B5M

Your views on which one of these for astro turf would be the better option, or are they both as good as each other ?

Regs
Old 27-03-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

They are both good but I think it comes down to wallet and what others at the track are also running.
Thats the practical but its really what you want.

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 27-03-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

B5M by a long shot. Several people have reported how "dialled" the car is out of the box. I drove a DEX210 in the past and it was so hard to drive. Swapped to a C4.1 and went up a final.
Old 27-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
B5M by a long shot. Several people have reported how "dialled" the car is out of the box. I drove a DEX210 in the past and it was so hard to drive. Swapped to a C4.1 and went up a final.
You can't really compare the B5M vs the original 210 which has the shorter chassis. The new one isn't out yet but will be available shortly and its +8mm longer like the B5M.

The adjustments on the b5M is very similar to that of the 210. Both cars are equally capable in the right hands. It really comes down to finding the right setup. There are tons of guys who race the 210 with the longer aftermarket chassis, so setups will be readily available. The B5M is still new, so setups will be trickling out shortly.

Best advice is to see which drivers of what brand is willing to help you and offer you setups and tips. Regardless what brand, nothing is worth more than the information given by other racers at your local race track. That's worth its weight in gold. You can have the best brand and no setup and don't do well, or a decent car with a good setup and enjoy it.
Old 28-03-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Its a no brainer, get the associated. Durango is not a consistant car and gearbox design wasnt very good plus you cannot rely on one good set up whereas with the B5M you can.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 28-03-2014
Mad Member

out of the 2 of the the associated by a country mile.

Durango is massively failing in parts support and has been for a long time.
Part of the reason i moved to a different brand was the lack of parts availability
it says a lot to me as well that this time last year the 210 and 410 were some of the most popular cars at the tracks where i race. but that seems to have shifted now and most of the durango's have been replaced with other brands, mainly schumacher
Old 29-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Its a no brainer, get the associated. Durango is not a consistant car and gearbox design wasnt very good plus you cannot rely on one good set up whereas with the B5M you can.
not sure why you think that the durango isnt consistent, mine is very consistent and i run a very similar setup everywhere, just minor tweeks! And i have had no issues with the gear box works fine!