|
|||||||||||||||
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hi
I am just getting round to fitting a motor (alpha clubman engine) to an MP9 (tki3) and with no experience with doing this I was looking for advice The trouble I have understanding is how do you make it align/mesh correctly. Do I move the clutch bell away from the flywheel just enough with the clutch shoes making contact with the inside of the clutchbell or do i remove the factory fitted collet on the engine and shim this out moving the flywheel also towards the front to line up. I really don't think its a good idea to remove the collet so I am reluctant to do this (and don't have a clue how to do this) I want to set it up correctly first time so wondering what I am doing wrong when it comes to aligning the centre diff with the clutch bell Thanks Martin ![]()
__________________
Offroad: Asso B7 and 74.2 Onroad: X4F, Atom,TT01 Vintage: RC10 Worlds, B4, XXX-CR, Bosscat, ZX5 FS2, ZXRR Trader Feedback Link http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88156 Last edited by martgifford; 09-04-2016 at 05:01 PM. |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Try shimming between the clutch nut and bearings. What your looking for is between 1 -1.5mm play in between the clutch screw and clutch bearing.
You should use the collet that is supplied with the clutch, some clutches use different profile collets. Shimming in between the collet and engine bearing may foul the engine bearing.
__________________
Stewart Baldridge -------------------- Nemo Racing Yokomo Yz-2. Yokomo Yx-4sf Sanwa http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158845 |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
I have tried that method but it's not enough to mesh correctly
If I shim too much the clutch shoes are visible when assembled. I wonder if I should just buy a brand new clutch assemble set and then I know it will hopefully be all correct parts as the one I have is second hand and I wonder if the parts are all correct Very confusing
__________________
Offroad: Asso B7 and 74.2 Onroad: X4F, Atom,TT01 Vintage: RC10 Worlds, B4, XXX-CR, Bosscat, ZX5 FS2, ZXRR Trader Feedback Link http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88156 |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Looks like the wrong clutch bell to me. I've not owned a "K" car but my mugens ran a clutch bell with a longer neck on it.
If you look at the crank it's in line with the spur, the engines in the right place. You don't need to shim anything more than you have, the end of the bell should be at the same position. Where did the clutch bell come from ?
__________________
I live with fear everyday....sometimes she lets me race!!!! Schumacher F1..The original KF. TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Agree with Ross, end bell, I know me losi had an extended clutch bell.
__________________
Stewart Baldridge -------------------- Nemo Racing Yokomo Yz-2. Yokomo Yx-4sf Sanwa http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158845 |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
And the wrong clutch. The flywheel from the kit is a lot deeper.
http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/products...lutch-bell-kit
__________________
I live with fear everyday....sometimes she lets me race!!!! Schumacher F1..The original KF. TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE |
![]() |
|
|