Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

View Poll Results: Is NRX suitable for 1/10th racing?
Yes 22 57.89%
No 16 42.11%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 26-04-2009

Default Is NRX suitable for 10th racing??

I would list everything I broke today, but I can't be bothered to spend an hour typing it out
Old 26-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

I voted No from what I heard from several racers who were there today, Apart from my lift there letting me down this was one of the few reasons that was bothering me about whether I was going to go or not.

Only my opinion as others may think otherwise but I'm quite relieved I didn't get chance to go now, I would have most likely not even had half the spares needed or money to finish the day/rebuild my car never mind getting any time to get food! Bet pete (castle models) was busy!

I know alot of hard work was put into the track/raceday and alot of organisation and hours put in from many but maybe 1/8th tracks are just not suited for 1/10th cars?
Old 26-04-2009
Lee-Mag

It really wasn't that bad, yes if you got it wrong then it was usually a big crash but it was down to driver error, there was far more broken at the players event and that was deemed an awesome track

The biggest issue was wind, the cars got caught sometimes and there was nothing that could be done. When you nailed down slopes and put together a clean lap it was very rewarding

At the end of the day you learnt where to put the power down and where the bumps were, it was the same for everyone.

Mike: i also dont think your vote is valid, you cant vote against a track from hear say. Surely you can see that???

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 26-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

The players mega jump was just insane though! I know you may think my vote isn't valid as I wasn't there, as I say it's just my opinion from what people told me and what i've seen previously.
Old 26-04-2009
Lee-Mag

Mike, if you hadn't tried fish fingers and i asked do you like them? Would you say no because your mate doesn't like them?

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 26-04-2009
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

No it's Definatley not suitable for 1/10 scale.

I know the wind was a factor and the jumps could be taken slow. I was more concerned that the straight couldnt be driven down at speed because it was so bumpy! Being small i struggled to see some bits of the track. Im not really sure what the logs were doing in the middle of the track? Rock crawling? Was it a track for racing or endurance?
I for one will be removing my 4wd entry Not sure if others will.....

Well done to Stephen for finishing and the win
Old 26-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Mike, if you hadn't tried fish fingers and i asked do you like them? Would you say no because your mate doesn't like them?
So do you like Fish Sticks?
Old 26-04-2009

Quote:
It really wasn't that bad, yes if you got it wrong then it was usually a big crash but it was down to driver error, there was far more broken at the players event and that was deemed an awesome track

The biggest issue was wind, the cars got caught sometimes and there was nothing that could be done. When you nailed down slopes and put together a clean lap it was very rewarding

At the end of the day you learnt where to put the power down and where the bumps were, it was the same for everyone.

Mike: i also dont think your vote is valid, you cant vote against a track from hear say. Surely you can see that???

I broke as much today on "normal" landings as I did when getting it wrong. I don't normally break much either, my driving style being steady away.
Old 26-04-2009
oOple Contributor

Send a message via MSN to rcracer

Looks like a nice way to kill off a new venue before its even started, i have only raced 8th on it but i am sure they will iron out any problems, i have heard alot of work as been put into it allready and surely it can only get better..
Old 26-04-2009
Smirnoff Ice dancer

But you havent run a 1/10 scale round there Neil
Hasnt the track been there 2 years???
Old 26-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer View Post
Looks like a nice way to kill off a new venue before its even started, i have only raced 8th on it but i am sure they will iron out any problems, i have heard alot of work as been put into it allready and surely it can only get better..

Were you there today mate? Ironing out the whole track may be good start.
Old 27-04-2009
Lee-Mag

There is at least 2 that i know of who have voted no and quite possibly haven't even seen the track, never mind raced on it

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 27-04-2009

Quote:
There is at least 2 that i know of who have voted no and quite possibly haven't even seen the track, never mind raced on it

There's also quite a few who have posted their disgust at some of the comments made who have never been to or raced on the track. People shouldn't comment either way from an uninformed position.
Old 27-04-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Garry Driffill

I think the people who expressed there 'Discust' and distaste at the fact that people are uhappy that this wont be used in the North East regional series is simply because they know how much hard work has been put into this...

If that was aimed at me Medders i have been there
Old 27-04-2009

No Gary, it wasn't, I know you've been there
Old 27-04-2009

having raced there with my 8th scale its great for that just a wee bit rough and perhaps sore on the cars for 10th.
great guys running the track though and meetings well run though
Old 27-04-2009
Lee-Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medders View Post
There's also quite a few who have posted their disgust at some of the comments made who have never been to or raced on the track. People shouldn't comment either way from an uninformed position.
I think people are disgusted with peoples attitudes and the way they have gone about things, if people are breaking cars why not slow down and get a run it? Nobody drove at 110% yesterday but it did require 100% concentration.

I just hope for the 4wd meeting that Peter finds a nice bowling green for you and lines the pipes with foam and jelly so you dont break your cars when you go offline.

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 27-04-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Garry Driffill

Quote:
I just hope for the 4wd meeting that Peter finds a nice bowling green for you and lines the pipes with foam and jelly so you dont break your cars when you go offline.
Old 27-04-2009

I think people just need to be more respectful to the club. clearly a lot of efort went into this meeting and for that we should all be thankful.

I do however think the track is not suited to 1/10th. The jumps are too big and the track too bumpy. When you are driving down the straight and the car sends itself into a mad spin, that isn't right. If a spin is caused by a lack of skill then fair enough, but if it's completely random, where is the test of skill?!

On average I'd say I break something on my car every 4/5 meetings, max. On Sunday I broke:

• wishbone
• balljoint
• bent DVD driveshaft
• snapped front shock tower
• snapped rear shock tower
• cracked wing

That to me is not fun and the majority of these breaks were not driver error, just random occurances due to the track.

Did anyone actually not break anything during the day?!?

I'm sure the track would be amazing for cars designed for it is 1/8th nitro. But 1/10th 2wd no way

MB Models....Team Durango....Telsshells....韦恩是一个无线电遥控赛车上帝,克雷格是同性恋
Old 27-04-2009
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Was anyone else getting glitches near the left hand side of the track?