Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2007

Send a message via AIM to AaronR
Default Rear 369mm belt worn out after...

... roughly 12 high-traction indoor off-road races. wtf?

Replaced the factory pulleys and belts with the new stuff about 2 weeks ago (again roughly 12 5-minute races & practice sessions), and noticed before my first qualifier tonight, the rear belt was about to be missing some teeth! The front belt looks very new. Anywho, about 9 laps into the 1st qual. tonight, the car had very little grunt.... about 1/2 the rear belt was missing its teeth when I took the body off and looked.

Replaced the rear belt in about 20 minutes of frantic wrenching and good as new.

Nothing seems to be binding in the driveline, but I will try loosening the slipper a tad more for my next event. I didn't think about doing that for the 2nd qual. tonight. Car drove very well the rest of tonight... as I took 3rd place of 6 (really only 3 of us were competitive). Winner had 20 laps in 5:03 (BJ4), 2nd place had 20/5:04 (BJ4) and I had 20/5:13.

So any feedback from anyone with the new belt and pulley setup? Not sure if setup really matters but I am running Orion Vortex 6.5/LRP TC Spec ESC with 15/87 gearing.