Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 14-10-2012
farmboy's Avatar
farmboy farmboy is offline
YORCC legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: York
Posts: 337
Default X4 TE Shock Shaft issue

During an evening racing I broke a front shock shaft on my X4 Pro TE and replaced it with one from the 'standard' X4/Blizzard. I'd bought this as it was all that was available - no-one seems to stock the TE coated version.

After just one race (the last of the evening) I seem to have suffered a total loss of oil in that shock!

On closer examination, it looks like the shaft is marginally too narrow, as there's some 'slop' and lateral movement as it exits the bottom of the shock. Has anyone had this problem? It would be good to hear from anyone (still) running a TE!

I bought the standard shaft from a dealer who told me is it a straight fit and that would make sense but it certainly seems to have been the reason for my oil loss.
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com