Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2014

Default March 7th

As always a good nights racing down at Ribble.

Ben enjoyed himself and did pretty well. All he needs is an empty track with no other cars and he has cracked it:-)

Debating whether I should start to speed his car up. I've always deliberately slowed his car down until he can handle it and then gradually increase its speed. I think this has worked really well as he almost doesn't crash at all when clear of traffic.

I see quite a lot of cars in the lower heats that are hugely fast, but in reality way too fast for the drivers to handle. So they end up torpedoing other cars, or into the barriers a lot and breaking. I don't want that to be Ben, hence I am hesitating to give him more power.

As for me, haven't really touched the Rango's set up since I built and wanted to get used to the new car. Think I have hit ceiling and am still too far off the pace of the very top guys. The car is a bit of a handful and I'm struggling to get any kind of consistency. Wonder of its too softly sprung. I think it really needs an anti-roll bar, but these are über-expensive.

I had a ball joint come off in the final, which ruined it. But can't complain too much as it wouldn't have come off if I hadn't clattered the barrier.

How did anyone else get on?

Last edited by Andy-j.smith6; 08-03-2014 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Update