Quote:
Originally Posted by 36racing
Yes, will be good to set a control motor and maybe a control tire for the Vintage class, not to make it expensive, to make it easier on people.
-Josh Hardwick
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattV6
I'm loving the comments on here guys 
Having a chat on Thursday would be a good idea 
If we could get a set of guidelines/rules down for the Vintage class that would be good 
Also as some of the older vintage cars aren't as strong and the parts are in some cases very hard to get we need to race a bit more gentlemanly  I'm just thinking if someone brings along their car to be taken out at the end of the straight at speed with a unneeded over taking manoeuvre someone's not going to be very happy. Of course battle it out like in any other race but just remember to keep in mind the rarity of some of the spare parts lol.
I agree pre 2000 would be classed as Vintage, thats almost 15 years ago now. Or we could go a little further back and say 1995 and thats almost 20 years?
Personally i would have thought 2000 would be better as it opens the choice of cars up for a vintage class and spares etc 
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by 36racing
I Agree.
You could just lay down the obvious racing rules to people with if a driver is faster than you, yeah give him a battle for a bit, but if your slowing him down, move over etc etc...
-Josh
|
Great

As I see it then, things to consider before Thursday re. Guidelines:
Pre-2000 & Re-re (pre-2000 design) seems to be agreed

Tyres: control tyre? Bear in mind some old cars don't take modern tyres (e.g. My Tamiya Hornet has very non-standard wheels)
Motor: brushed and/or brushless? Turn/kV limits? This is probably the important factor...
Batteries: NiCd/NiMH only or LiPo ok too?
And important to bear in mind Josh's point about cost and Matt's on keeping the old cars 'safe' due to difficulty in obtaining parts (keeping speed down?)
Anyway, I think that's it for now.... I'm holding off getting motor/esc until we are decided!
Barry