Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2015

Unhappy 12mm hex wheels for XB4

I notice that Xray has recently released 12mm hex kits for their XB4 buggies. But they have not released any 12mm wheels as far as I can tell. It may seem as if they did this only to make their cars fit Schumacher hand-out wheels at certain competitions. But Schumacher wheels are really not readily available for me. And all the wheels I can find seems to be pin-style. So...

Does anyone know what 12mm wheels will fit the XB4 best? Preferably also a brand that can take some beating, since our local track is quite rough on the cars. I have tried Yokomo wheels on Exotek 12mm hexes. It seems to work, sort of. But I have not had the chance to check how this combo may affect handling, compared to standard Xray wheels.

Another thing is that they Yokomo-wheels does not seem to like jumps and bumps very much. I am usually able to re-use about half of my wheels. But with Yokomo wheels, I have not been able to re-use a single one of them! Not that this in itself is a big issue. But it is an illustration of how weak they are by comparision to everything else I have tried. So I need a type that can handle my local track.