Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 21-01-2020
Origineelreclamebord's Avatar
Origineelreclamebord Origineelreclamebord is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 1,571
Default

The reason car jumps flat is because your transmission is rotating, effectively creating a gyroscope in your car. As such, you can control the angle of your car with the throttle: increase revs to point the nose up, decrease revs to point the nose down.


When I started racing I had problems with jumping, and found that I let go off the throttle in the air. However I only clearly felt this once I switched my sensorless brushless for a sensored one, which delivers power a lot more precisely.


Another issue can be ride height, but I agree with the others, 24mm is too high, in fact it is even considered high for clay and dirt these days. Go to 16 to 18mm and work your way from there. Also, the white and green springs are the kit springs of the car and are meant for low bite like dirt and clay. For carpet, you need harder springs, like white on the rear (1 harder) and blue, yellow or red up front (2 to 4 steps harder), and you need to thicker oil accordingly too.

Last but not least, how are the other doing on the jumps? Designing and building a good jump is easier said than done, and the wrong shape of the jump as well as too sudden transitions or bumps in the jump can make it really hard to land a jump correctly.
__________________


3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com