Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 06-12-2008
Crazy L's Avatar
Crazy L Crazy L is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Hampshire
Posts: 1,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibble34 View Post
They only pay when they race and only need 7 people to break even, I don't think it is that they can't be arsed, just that it is quite a casual club. Better not close anyway, i just spent loads on my ZX5
This is more like it, any publicity is good publicity in my book.

I know that, but when I was last there, about a year ago, it started to get silly with only 6 turning up and still holding a meeting, a little too casual if you get my drift. It looked set to continue, that's why the RIP prediction.

I beg to differ with you on weather they can be arsed or not, I've been going there for years. Last year, Dave Moore & myself asked Ian to get us all together in a pub somewhere one evening to discuss the club and just chuck ideas out there about how to keep the club going, he didnt want to know, he wasn't the only one though, I thought that the regulars who do show would want to do something to keep their club going, with a couple of exceptions it looked like I was wrong. I suggested a stock class to keep costs down to attract newcomers, he didn't want to know, I suggested an internet forum for members, with the thought it may generate some outside interest, he didn't want to know, (so I did it regardless) He actually told me off for posting the video because it had a thumbnail of something else I had made in the corner of the page (it is MY photobucket page afterall). Perhaps he has something against me personally, I don't know.

I've only started to race again over the last few weeks, having spent the last year changing jobs, working on house, personal issues etc, which explains my absence. I know how you feel about your new buggy having just invested in a new buggy myself, I'm looking for a return sooner rather than later.

Dr Durga, do you mean Whitley? if so, its aint far, the track is in Curdridge lane, which is circled, check it out: http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=curdidge+lane&countryCode=GB#map=50.90379,-1.20879|14|4&bd=useful_information&loc=GB:50.92958 :-1.22763:17|curdidge%20lane|Curdridge%20Lane,%20Wal tham%20Chase,%20Southampton,%20Hampshire,%20Englan d,%20SO32%202

Perhaps double figures are on the cards soon, especially if come the spring, Showtime can rustle up some followers to come down when the RX is not on
__________________
Answer RC
SWorkz 35-3
SWorkz 350T
SWorkz S12-2


Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com