Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 25-04-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza B View Post
Mmm that's got me thinking, I wonder if anyone has ever done a lunchbox brushless conversion??
That's about as vintage as it gets!! 1987..
think the hotshot and the optima are bit older than 87, i also have an original lunch box..and hornet, but I would be a bit worried about the transmissions with brushless, added to that it is hard enough to keep the front end on the ground and get the box to go round a courner with the 540

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 26-04-2012

What vintage car to buy??? Okay so in readyiness to race something at the Boughton Summer series I have been thinking about the cars I wanted as a kid, and now maybe, just maybe I can get one, but which one?? Thundershot, Super Sabre, Terra Scorcher, Supershot, Hotshot, Bigwig, these are the ones I really liked. Anyone got any opinions on any of them? Or anymore I have missed?
Old 26-04-2012

Just a quick question to guages people's opinions. How would people feel if the summer series at Boughton was a control tyre series? Just for argument sake if we picked a manufacture and maybe a type (Pin, spike etc), and left compounds up to you? We are not saying this is fact, but just trying to find out if people would like this idea to cut down on the cost for the need to hold X amount of tyres in X patterns. Please let us know your opinions?
Many thanks.
Old 26-04-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin76 View Post
Just a quick question to guages people's opinions. How would people feel if the summer series at Boughton was a control tyre series? Just for argument sake if we picked a manufacture and maybe a type (Pin, spike etc), and left compounds up to you? We are not saying this is fact, but just trying to find out if people would like this idea to cut down on the cost for the need to hold X amount of tyres in X patterns. Please let us know your opinions?
Many thanks.
Sounds like a good idea in theory as it would keep things even, particularly on a changeable day of with the weather.
Having said that I think the majority of racers would equally be happy using what they already have glued up rather than having to buy a specific tire for the event. All depends on what you were thinking of as a control tire. I can't think of a 10th off roader that wouldn't have Schumacher Mini Spikes of Ballistic Buggy Spikes in their box, but something like Dboot or Fastrax may well put racers off as it's just something else to buy.

Stotfold winter series is run with Schumacher Mini Spikes and of course the national series has a control tire on the rear wheels for each different venue. Which are always successful.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!