Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

Old 01-06-2011
Mad Member

Steve definately up for this and i expect a few more of the Rango crew from Clanfield will be as well, so can you look at both the Clanfield and Slough dates when you fix a date for this to happen.
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 01-06-2011

I think the best way to do things is for each driver to have there own car
and when you change drivers all you will have to do is put the transponder into the new car ,this means you team mates will have to do this making it more of a team event and if your car backs down a new diver cannot run untill your car is fixed and finish that lap ,say this are just idears
Old 01-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

i quite like the idea of of standard cars across the field, but then you run into the issue of the electrics, as no one will want their bits used and ruined, therefore pushing up the entry cost. I think these things are fine for the 24 hour races where the car will get truly hammered, but for a 6 hour team event where each car is going to only get an hour or so on the track i think it's fine to use your own cars.

Most racers will have reasonable kit these days, and if there are a handful of beginners with madrats etc then just ensure they are split evenly among the teams so they can get some decent guidance and level the field.

The main question is how to pick the teams. Some poeple will want to form their own teams and will be put off by the random "out of a hat" method. But if you want to try and ensure close racing across all teams then i think you will need to rank drivers in some sort of ability score (F rating would be good, but you do get a few bandit F5 drivers, *cough* SteveB at last years F3 finals!!).
These events are never much fun when you get some "factory" team of F1's turn up and wipe the floor with everyone.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 02-06-2011

yes if there are team with 5drivres with stev b skills do not want to get laped 500 time ,so i think names out of a hat or if stev b picks the teams is the best way to make it as fear as poss .
This is a fun event and a good way to get more money into the club so we can make TORCH even better
will have to sit down with stev b and find the best way to run it.if eney one has eney idears let us know and try to make it as much fun as poss
Old 02-06-2011
Mad Member

Sure we can come up with some sort of driver ability scale that will allow us to sort teams into some sort of fair groupings - if the higher ability drivers have a higher score and your whole team cannot be above a certain total score then people can still be in teams with their mates but not make a team out of all superstars.

Need to try and keep rules as few and simple as possible because they will have to be fairly self-policing - if we are all in the same race, there won't be anyone to sit in race control and check people are complying with a long list of rules about marshalling or the length of driver stints.

How about:
  1. One transponder per team
  2. Teams of 5 cars/drivers - see above for ability sorting.
  3. Marshall your own team car
  4. Cars must enter track where the previous car left - ideally by the current start line but if car breaks down, need to enter where previous car left.
  5. Don't race if you are going to take it seriously
Am speaking with Steve about possible dates and yes, we are taking into account Slough/Clanfield dates.

Rob
Yokomo YZ4 SF2
Old 02-06-2011

Ok, a date has been nominated, but would like to see some feedback, this will not clash with 1/8th Slough or Clanfield, so hoping to see a couple of teams from the 1/8th guys.

Key thing I will not allow a too many better drivers in on a team, so please start making your suggestions? Mix it up, remember a team with Phil Williams, Dan Brown, Mark Townsend, Jason Moggy, Simon Crabby and James Pickard for example, would be a white wash and this would be unfair to all other competitors.

I suggest Team Captains if willing :

Phil Williams - plus 5 - 7 selected team members
Dan Brown - as above
Mark Townsend
Rob Warren
Jason Moggy
Simon Crabby
James Pickard

or submitted teams by application and will be excepted if fair team.

If this is to become something, I would like to see more people speak up and make themselves known.

Steve
Old 02-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
Sure we can come up with some sort of driver ability scale that will allow us to sort teams into some sort of fair groupings - if the higher ability drivers have a higher score and your whole team cannot be above a certain total score then people can still be in teams with their mates but not make a team out of all superstars.

Need to try and keep rules as few and simple as possible because they will have to be fairly self-policing - if we are all in the same race, there won't be anyone to sit in race control and check people are complying with a long list of rules about marshalling or the length of driver stints.

How about:
  1. One transponder per team
  2. Teams of 5 cars/drivers - see above for ability sorting.
  3. Marshall your own team car
  4. Cars must enter track where the previous car left - ideally by the current start line but if car breaks down, need to enter where previous car left.
  5. Don't race if you are going to take it seriously
Am speaking with Steve about possible dates and yes, we are taking into account Slough/Clanfield dates.

Rob
Sorry Rob, did not realise you were on the case, cheers
Old 02-06-2011
Mad Member

Steve Rob will talk to the Clanners at Slough on Sunday and let you know the feedback from them!
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 02-06-2011

I have been with Steve B today. We have been talking how to run the event. Teams will have a Team Captain, who will run the team as he sees fit and to make sure no rules are broken.

Will be making up a registration form for teams as soon as Steve has arranged a date. These forms will then be available.

If you are interested doing this event, please let Steve B know asap, as teams are limited. (will not all fit on rostrom)

This is a fun event with good trophys and will hopefully organise a food van for the day.
Old 02-06-2011

Definitely interested in this. Only non clanfield date I cant do is the 10th July as I'm at Zandvoort.

I can also supply BMCR's fleet of mad rats for people who want a go. Got two slow brushed rtr's and a fast brushless rtr.
Old 02-06-2011
Mad Member

I would love to say 100% yes, but with a baby due soon i can't guarantee. I would of thought it should be ok though.
Old 02-06-2011

count me in

Team Associated B4.1 Worlds, C4.1, B44.2, RC8.2
Old 02-06-2011

is it going to be mixed classes in each team say you got 2 have 3 2wd and 3 4wd in each team ?
Old 02-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
Ok, a date has been nominated,
any chance of sharing the proposed date for feedback? I'm guessing it would have to avoid 10th nationals and mid south regionals too?

could i enter a schumacher south east team with me, Grant Williams, Dave Poulter, Nathan Ralls and Ross Williams?!!! lol
Just kidding, no idea if they would be up for it.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 02-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin so16 View Post
is it going to be mixed classes in each team say you got 2 have 3 2wd and 3 4wd in each team ?
Martin to be honest Rob got it right in his comments, lets not make it any more complicated than it needs to be.

Once all enough drivers have shouted there up for it, we can start making it happen and setting out a guide for racing my we will not lock down 2 and 4, u race what ever you have. There is not allot between the 2 anyway.

So far:

Rob E
Mart B
Steve B Jr
Stu Don
Steve B Sn
Dan B
Racing Ben
Dean
Adam
Chris
Dave O?
Dave M
Chef
Jim76
Rob W
Neil R
Lee D

17 so we will have 3 teams

More will come
Old 02-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim76 View Post
any chance of sharing the proposed date for feedback? I'm guessing it would have to avoid 10th nationals and mid south regionals too?

could i enter a schumacher south east team with me, Grant Williams, Dave Poulter, Nathan Ralls and Ross Williams?!!! lol
Being bit of a div with earlier post, we will be looking at the 4th September, but open to suggestions, maybe as late as October if people have more time in the calender.
Old 02-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim76 View Post
Ross would be all the handicap the team would need

Sounds good, be great to get some real competitiveness between teams. Also maybe able to drum up a little more support from Schumacher?
Old 02-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
Ross would be all the handicap the team would need

Sounds good, be great to get some real competitiveness between teams. Also maybe able to drum up a little more support from Schumacher?
ouch! Ross will beat you when he sees you!

I obviously can't speak for Schumacher at all, i was just messing around with a biased hopefully fast team! But if you get a decent level of anticipated drivers and are running it as a control tyre on minispikes then it can't hurt to approach Schumacher. They may be able to help out in some way. Possibly make it an annual event!

the 4th Sept is the weekend of the regional finals/F2's
the 18th is the F3/4/5's
So may be better to push it back into Oct? But i don't know how that clashes with other local club events and RallyX

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 02-06-2011

count me in

craig
Old 02-06-2011
Mad Member

I'd love to come