|
|||||||||||||||
|
#21
|
|||
|
|||
|
Will do.
Anyone know what ones the team guys use? |
|
#22
|
|||
|
|||
|
Okay, quick update...
Got the AE87 and at first it looked the same width as the Tamiya but indeed it is fractions wider (why did I doubt you Jimmy?!?). The extra width, plus some "ecomony" with the motor shaft depth into the pinion has given me (apparently) sufficient spur/pinion overlap. Fingers crossed. I will try the ratio suggestions from Fredrik as I now can use my 21 - 23T pinions... Will see how ~8 goes instead of 7.0.@ 4wdfull - Not road tested yet but my X12 motor, Robinson Racing pinion, AE87 spur combination leaves plenty of clearance for the belts - the pinion and belts do not overlap in my install. Pics of my build to follow in a new thread... am quite pleased with it actually - a gem compared to the 501X. |
|
#23
|
||||
|
||||
|
"djmcnz" - Really looking forward to seeing those pictures.
|
![]() |
|
|