|
|||||||||||||||
|
#21
|
|||
|
|||
|
I think it lasts about a lap in the 4wd before it thermals with bare fets
![]() Tom used to run his Sphere 2007 in his XX4 without the heatsink, it's suprising how much of a difference the little metal sticker makes. Now he has a TC spec (or at least a TC spec heastink + fan) in the XX4 and 2007 + heatsink in 2wd, same as me. |
|
#22
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
nice one.........
|
|
#23
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
I ran it with a big prop and a 4* motor and it thermaled out on the lake, I had to wait for it to cool down before I brought it back in. once I took the hatch off it was plenty warm in there! I adjusted the prop and it was all running good. before my new cars arrived from CML I borrowed a B4 to run, I used this speedo in my B4 for a practise day and a full day at CML Raceway without any issues at all. the practise day we were running 10-15 minute runs with a 3* motor. so basically, I was pretty stupid to thermal it, but it was bloody quick on the water! and the speedo still ran just fine in the B4 afterwards. |
|
#24
|
|||
|
|||
|
Thanks Chris, I know who to blame if it does go wrong
One reason im going LRP is the lifetime warranty and the fact theyre easier to replace than the nosram if they do go wrong. |
|
#25
|
|||
|
|||
|
dont worry, the one I abused is not in a box and on the shelf again
|
|
#26
|
||||
|
||||
|
So not only does doughty drive anything on 4 wheels like a crazy man, he does boats too? insane
|
|
#27
|
|||
|
|||
|
Ordered an original LRP Sphere with 6.5 motor this morning. Can anyone tell me whether the speedo comes with the large heatsink and whether it needs a fan, if it comes without a fan, would it be good to run one?
|
|
#28
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
On the original sphere I would run a fan yes, and yes it does come with a heatsink which you should always run... What mr doughty's gonna say, nah man i ran it in my B4 and it doesnt need a fan! haha 2wd no fan as there is hardly any load on the motor and esc, 4wd off road or TC onroad I would say definitely, huge load on both esc and motor! |
|
#29
|
|||
|
|||
|
you can never have enough cooling for a brushless speedo.
you will not hurt performance by running the speedo too cool, but you might save a thermal shutdown and finish a run. at the end of the day, do whatever YOU think you need, always good to be causious when it comes to keeping brushless cool. |
|
#30
|
|||
|
|||
|
So the Normal Sphere comes with a heatsink, I though it didnt?
Also, what kind of capacitor should I put on it as I heard this is a must for the original sphere |
|
#31
|
|||
|
|||
|
it comes with a heatsink, but its not the heatsink that can accept the fan on top. (TC style)
put as big a capacitor possible on it, the capacitor smooths out the voltage and allows the speedo to run cool. |
|
#32
|
|||
|
|||
|
Would a side mounted fan e good as it can blow air OVER the heatsinks and out the back of the shell rather than just onto it?
Also, what size cap e.g. capacity and type would be good. |
|
#33
|
|||
|
|||
|
yes, side mounted blowing over it would work well, especially in 2WD when you don't have the height.
can't remember the rating, hopefully someone will be able to help out there, I used the 'LRP Small' one when I ran my orig sphere, but it can't hurt to go bigger. |
|
#34
|
|||
|
|||
|
4700uF 10V polarised cap
|
![]() |
|
|