Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 27-02-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Tempted to try the drag brakes on the Tekin, any recommended starting points?
Old 27-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowie View Post
Hello all.
I have some great news ... and a question

good news:
A local racer, with plenty of talent, asked me some time ag, if I did not had some advice for him. He was looking for a low-cost ESC ... but with rather good specs for his stockracing.
I explained him about Tekin and a long story in short, he bought himself an RS Pro ... and recently bought a second one
He was positivly amazed, as was I, about the performance that the 203-version of the soft was delivering.

In the mean while, His performances .. and that of my car, have amazed more then one pilot.
Only today I overheared more then One driver saying they defenitly needed a Tekin-ESC too, for their 17.5 and 10.5-class touring racing.

I have responded to a lot of questions, showed the ESC, the setup-buttons, the Hotwire, the software on my laptop ... and it really has made a difference.

Actually, as we speak, my two RS Pro's are installed in two Tamiya TA05IFS v2-cars that me and two friends will be racing in an endurance race:
8 hour's of non-stop driving, all cars free, EFRA-body, Limited tyres-choice and obligatory Nosram 17.5-brushless motor.

We did some testing today (that's where we were astonishing the other teams ) ... and the car went well. WIth a little fan on the motor, we had a temp of 45°C on the motor and 38°C on the ESC.

Now my question:
we drive a Tamiya TA05-car, Tekin RS Pro, Nosram 17.5 -motor, ratio of 4,5, on a rather small, bendy carpet-track, medium grip and with a One-way in stead of our usual spool because of the bendyness of the track and the fact that we don't need to use the breaks.

Could someone give advice on the setup of our ESC, so that we get an optimal ratio on speed / driving-time / less heat on the ESC.

ATM I have it on throttle Profile 3, voltage cutoff 2, sensored, delay 0.2, boost timing 45 and turbo boost 8 ...
if you want efficiency I would turn the boost down a bit and turn the Turbo up, run the End RPM about 4500 and the start at 1500 which will make it nice and smooth (drop the end RPM to liven it up).

But your about in the ball park. Also, run the front belt slightly looser than the rear on the TA05.
Old 27-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
Tempted to try the drag brakes on the Tekin, any recommended starting points?
car, motor and esc setting already Mike
Old 27-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
car, motor and esc setting already Mike
Tekin RS Pro in both cars

Associated B4
Speed Passion 8.5
Settings if I remember correctly
dual mode
db - 0
brake 80
limit 80
timiing around 80 mark
tp -3

Schumacher Cat SX
Speed Passion 6.5
dual mode
db -0
timiing around 80 mark
tp - 3
brake 70
limit 85

Both cars using Nosram 5300 40C lipos

Will be racing at Eden Park next weekend
Old 27-02-2010

I would only run arounf 5-10% drag brake on the 2wd, none on the 4wd.
Old 27-02-2010

Quote:
I would only run arounf 5-10% drag brake on the 2wd, none on the 4wd.
Ok thanks, will give the 2WD a go.
Old 27-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
if you want efficiency I would turn the boost down a bit and turn the Turbo up, run the End RPM about 4500 and the start at 1500 which will make it nice and smooth (drop the end RPM to liven it up).
do I understand this correctly, as in ..
dropping end rpm will make the car have a shorter range stretched, so will calm it down ...
but with turbo up, once it will reach the end rpm, the power will kick in (when you need it at the straight.

Quote:
But your about in the ball park. Also, run the front belt slightly looser than the rear on the TA05.
Why loosening the front belt?

and erm .. THX a lot DCM (any first name?

and as for the rest of my story: Tekin can be asured, Tekin sales will go up in the next months over here in belgium.
Only pitty is I can not find a local dealer. (My local shop, MCM racing; only has the sensorless Tekin-ESC's in it's range)

bye and thx

Ludo
Old 27-02-2010

the RPM range dictates over what RPM range that the timing boost comes in, so a shorter rev range will mean the timing advance will come in faster, so by upping the end RPM will soften the motor a little, dropping it makes it more aggressive.

The TA05 has equal length belts, and under acceleration, the rear belt takes the greater loading, so you have to run that a little tight, but the front can run a little loose.

Steve
Old 10-04-2010

is there a way to save/Load your custom settings in the rspro computer interface ?
when switching the esc to other cars and engines this could be very handy, not having to memorise each setting and having to set it manually each time around...
Old 10-04-2010

This is on the 'to do list' at Tekin, they have been spending their time perfecting the drive software on the ESC's, but I know this is in the pipeline. In the meantime, there are setup sheets in pdf format you can download and save.
Old 19-04-2010

Default Rotors??

Hi Tekin experts
I'm looking at getting a new rotor for my 17.5 redline (stock off road is big in Austraalia)
it'll be for my db01r and was wondering what the difference between the TT2272 12.5mm (stock legal) and the TT2276 12.5mm hi-torque rotors is.
which would be best for 17.5T, 4WD in Oz?
is the TT2276 going to be submitted for ROAR approval?
thanks in advance
Steve
Old 19-04-2010

I am not to sure on the difference in rotor, be better to ask that on Tekins own forum
Old 20-04-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

The 12.5 torque rotor will not be ROAR approved because the internal shaft diameter is not within spec. Hence the reason it will not be submitted.

It does however help with wheeler classes so check the local rules for conformance.
Old 23-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy p View Post
The 12.5 torque rotor will not be ROAR approved because the internal shaft diameter is not within spec. Hence the reason it will not be submitted.

It does however help with wheeler classes so check the local rules for conformance.
Thanks Randy
Tekin is Tops
Old 28-04-2010

Default difference between motor wound delta and wound Y

hello i am french ,sorry for my bad english.
i would like to know what are de difference between motor wound delta or Y ?
what are the avantage or benefit for motor delta and for Y ?
thanks, seb
Old 28-04-2010

I can't remember which is which, but one produces more power for the same wind, than the other.
Old 29-04-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

Delta's are wound in a different manner than Wye's. If you're comparing two identical winds say 5T the delta will have more power.

Currently most sensored 1/10 motors are wye wound. In general also wye's respond to timing adjustments much better than the deltas.
Old 29-04-2010

thanks for explain ,seb
Old 30-04-2010

Talking

I have just installed my new Tekin SC and Motors, and even bench testing can notice the smoothness of them. The Vegas software is easy to use. Top Marks Tekin! All I can say if you are in any doubt, BUY THEM!

Looking forward to getting them on the track this weekend.

P

Schumacher Racing - Team Tekin - Spektrum - Inside Line Racing - TrishBits
Old 30-04-2010

Swiss, are you using V200 Vega Edition or the full V203?