Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 08-10-2009

What car was Martin Achter running ?

Cumps
Old 08-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobarik View Post
Isit because they are mostly made of astro turf or grass ???

mvh isobarik
Yes, or too short (PDA) or too narrow, or insufficient pit area, or etc.

Basically they can cope with 100 driver nationals and euros, but not Ifmar events it seems.

However I'd be willing to bet that a worlds held on Astro in the UK would also be boycotted by the US teams. I'm fairly sure they wouldn't be keen on having to race on Schuey Yellows!

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 08-10-2009

To have a worlds in a country, a club is needed to organize it and in EFRA no one asked to have the event in 2011.
And where is it written that it's going to be at the Vaasa track in Finland.
At the EFRA AGM 2007 RCM-WIEN asked for the WC in 2011 (EC2009 and EC2010) I see this as a logical solution the club and track is being tested before the worlds, sadly the track/club has been demolished this summer and no event will take place there. http://www.efra.ws/news/agm2007/2007...RD07-11-04.pdf
Then at the EFRA AGM 2008 Vaasa Finland asked for the WC2011 no one else, but is it 100% decided that Finland got it, I think that the AGM this year is the deciding time for the Worlds so if some other EU nation comes up with an offer it could still change.
http://www.efra.ws/news/agm2008/MINU...ctrOffRoad.pdf
Old 08-10-2009

Default let's be fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
However I'd be willing to bet that a worlds held on Astro in the UK would also be boycotted by the US teams. I'm fairly sure they wouldn't be keen on having to race on Schuey Yellows!
It's not just the US that races on dirt, it's the rest of the world. For all the speculating and complaining about US drivers wanting it their way, wouldn't a worlds on astro really just be to make the UK drivers happy?

When it's the UK's turn to host, I would actually be in favor of a worlds on astro. I just had to point out the irony.
Old 08-10-2009
Mad Member

To be fair....

Yes the dirt tracks favour the people across the pond (s) but ask yourself why so many UK drivers attend Euro's/Worlds (Not this year) ????

Because we want to race on the hard packed clay tracks!!!

I personally think this thread has gone way off what it was supposed to be about.
SA have done a great job with the track etc.. and well done to them. People/Teams do have there reasons for not entering but that is there decision, we must respect that.

For those that did go then fair play and i am sure they had/have a great time.

There are people in the UK who would love to hold the worlds but... it cost's lots of money and also there is a lack of Dirt/Clay tracks. Which is what they all talk about and want to race on. (how much do people miss Tiverton now ??)
We do have some great all weather clubs in the UK but that is down to the poor weather.

Personally i think Finland 2011 is going to be one of the best and i pretty much expect it will be a full event. There is no country better than the Fin's for motorsport and having attended the Euro's there it will be one not to be missed!!!

Lets not take away from those that did attend this year.
Old 08-10-2009

I believe that the rules say something about "worlds" tracks being 70% natural (ie dirt or grass etc.) that being so it can never be held on an "all weather track" or multi- surface track (astro/dirt/other) like most are in the UK or Europe (to guard against inclement weather conditions).
Yes it could be on grass as the Euro's were a couple of years ago but after 10 rounds of practice for 120 drivers on practice "day one" there was not a blade of grass left to be seen on the track so all those drivers who fancied their chances on a known surface were as well going home before qualifiying started! -(oh yes another dirt track).
Perhaps it is the rules that need re-visiting before we start to ask why so few countries are able to put in for these prestigious events.
Regards
Old 08-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

That was kinda where I was going. As it stands now, the way the rules work means that the Worlds have to go where the people are willing to build a track that fits them.
The dirt part screws up places that need all weather tracks, the size part makes it hard in places where land can be expensive (the Japanese race on dirt, but most of their tracks aren't long enough) and the fact it shouldn't have been used before means you need to bulldoze your existing track to make it - no wonder nobody wants to host it!

So we end up with the situation that we have the South Africans willing to make a track that complies but nobody wants to race there, and people wanting to race in UK/Germany but no club that wants to build a track for them!

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 09-10-2009

Yes I am a Yankee as you guys like to say, now that is out of the way,
There was 24 entries to the worlds, and only 16 showed up...
What happened to the other 8? Spend 400 bucks for an entry to not show up. They musta been killed as they got off the plane.
Another reason for no one showing up at the worlds...

Why travel to South Africa to race when all the competition is in our backyard?

The Japanese can say the same thing, and at all the large events here in the US, the best Japanese teams show up and do really well. Thats why when there is an event in Japan, US teams go. They go to where the competition is. Who short of Masami Jukka and Cragg from "across the pond" can keep up with tebo, maifield, Cav, Kinwald, drake, root, the list goes on? there is no reason for the companies to fork money out to send there drivers far away to prove what can be proved at events held in our backyard? Look at all of the past Ifmar Worlds results. The EU drivers that can keep up come play, all 2 of them.
No sense in beating a dead horse.
and 100 entries = tiny event.
Come check out some of the club races here in southern california... often times getting 130 entries on a friday or sunday... For CLUB racing.
You guys wanna see a big event? Check out that Nationals or heck even the JBRL. You should see some of the turnouts for some East Coast 1/8 gas racing. Them southern boys can wheel!!!. Itll make you guys think "wow, our racing truly is a grain of sand in the sandbox"
Old 09-10-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

From IFMAR rules:

SURFACE
Pack able rock free dirt - preferably sifted top soil/clay compound with minimum amounts of
sand. Surface should be able to be easily broken and repaired to ensure a consistent and
wide racing line. Such conditions have shown to yield excellent racing due to width and
consistency of the racing line. Additionally qualifying is fairer as the ability to maintain a
consistent surface gives all competitors an equal track that can be enjoyed by those in heats
before as well as after his own.
Old 09-10-2009
Mad Member

And when you want to promote the sport you will have to change the location otherwise it will just be backyard racing.

If it has to be atleast 70% grass so what about an all grass track then ???
I would have traveled to drive on that.
back in the days when you use to read about uk races it was all about craig and his yokomo on grass and rain rain ...hm ..rain...

What i dont like is those stadium type track bend jumps bend jumps back an forth just u bends all the time

mvh Isobarik

And here is some racing from finland shoot yesterday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhtDF...eature=related

btw instead of complaining about the location of where the wc is held shouldnt we complain about the tracks in our countries making them more ifmar friendly ???
Old 09-10-2009

Hi all

first of all I would like to congratulate SA on building a good track well done and for putting a good event on. well done to ever wins the event they will be a world champion.

Having now built two clay tracks in the UK I know what it takes to do this.well done

I also know what it is like to build and put on an event and have little support from the people within the sport It sucks. (many thanks to those who do support us we love you!!!)

As has already been said if you do not apply for the event you will not get it.
UK / BRCA 1/10th does not want a euro's or worlds, for what ever reason.
So that rules us out.

Why would anybody travel 1000's of miles to a meeting with IFMAR?
spending there own cash. When things can be done by e-mail telephone ect. There is a problem at the present time just look at the entries to the premiar event for 1/10th off road so do not put head in sand on that one.

as too not looking at forums this is the people who you (IFMAR ROAR BRCA EFRA ect) represent, some will have good and constructive points you should read them if you have time.

PDA is too short for IFMAR but same size as so cal track in USA and it ticks all the other boxes, indoor clay track pitting for 100 people. May be this is why there is not more tracks in the UK like it?

One quetion do the manufactures need the worlds or do the worlds need the manufactures?
may be these people need to talk more and work closer.

These are my feelings on the sport and not realated to any sponcer if it carrys on like this it will turn in on its self and numbers will fall evan more.
Old 09-10-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayboarder View Post

The Japanese can say the same thing, and at all the large events here in the US, the best Japanese teams show up and do really well. Thats why when there is an event in Japan, US teams go. They go to where the competition is. Who short of Masami Jukka and Cragg from "across the pond" can keep up with tebo, maifield, Cav, Kinwald, drake, root, the list goes on? there is no reason for the companies to fork money out to send there drivers far away to prove what can be proved at events held in our backyard? Look at all of the past Ifmar Worlds results. The EU drivers that can keep up come play, all 2 of them.
Lets see how many of your "stars" can keep up with Cragg, Martin or Stafford etc if they came over here to race on our style of tracks, I'd put money on no more then one of the names you list getting in the A final at one of our Nationals

The only reason American drivers have done okish at the Worlds, is because it's held on the same sort of tracks they race on all of the time, surely a "World Championship", should be held on different sorts of tracks, bit like Tennis, you have the guys who can play on grass courts, or clay, etc, but the top guys can play well on all sorts of courts.

Anyway, back on subject, any news of how 4wd is going?
Old 09-10-2009
Mad Member

What about a worlds at harper adams ?
Old 09-10-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
What happened to the other 8? Spend 400 bucks for an entry to not show up. They musta been killed as they got off the plane.

Come check out some of the club races here in southern california... often times getting 130 entries on a friday or sunday... For CLUB racing.
You guys wanna see a big event? Check out that Nationals or heck even the JBRL. You should see some of the turnouts for some East Coast 1/8 gas racing. Them southern boys can wheel!!!. Itll make you guys think "wow, our racing truly is a grain of sand in the sandbox"

I know how big the sport is in America and you are correct about many things. Tebo has only raced over here twice and won both times (1/8th that is)
But in terms of World champions the yankees dont fair so well we do have our fair share in europe.
I was just trying to remeber who is holding worlds.
Let me know if i am wrong.

1/8th onroad Collari (Italian)
1/8th Off road Hara (Japanese)
1/10th on road IC Lelasi(italian)
1/10th Electric on Road Rhinehard (German)
1/10th Electric Off road Tebo 4wd(USA)
1/10TH Electric Off road 2wd matsuzaki (Japanese)

Then there is all the smaller classes which i dont think any yankees hold?
In fact the americans dont have a history of good reults in WC.
You have got the biggest Races it seems but not the results. And as we speak Tebo will lose his crown to a non USA racer.

Oh and bye the way i am Tebos number one fan. After Jesus of course
Old 09-10-2009
Mad Member

Quote:

Jesus christ, you really have fit the stereotype of an American who beleives there is no other country that matters other than the USA.
Old 09-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

TBH they can't help it, the yanks know no better, most of them have not been outside the states!!! It's a big world we live in, and there are loads of r/c drivers out there, we need to be bigger than this rubbish!!!
R/C needs to be the focus, not who goes to what event!!!!
Off road is booming in the UK, and in 2 years it will booming in Finland!!!
1/10th off road is the best class of R/C ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2009
LeeOtard

Quote:

I can keep up with them...as proven on many ocassions in the USA.....

so pipe down! muuahhahaha
Old 09-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
I can keep up with them...as proven on many ocassions in the USA.....

so pipe down! muuahhahaha

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2009
LeeOtard

i also think you will find that many UK drivers can....just cause alot of them dont race on dirt every weekend...bring the guys over to race here on astro and see how fast they can all be then???

you are also missing the point that we are not pro racers...they are..well some of them, so you would expect them to beat us right?

i dont walk into the premier league and expect to be able to beat rooney one on one!
Old 09-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
i also think you will find that many UK drivers can....just cause alot of them dont race on dirt every weekend...bring the guys over to race here on astro and see how fast they can all be then???

you are also missing the point that we are not pro racers...they are..well some of them, so you would expect them to beat us right?

i dont walk into the premier league and expect to be able to beat rooney one on one!
Nice again!!!! TOCHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!