Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8 Nitro Off Road / Rallycross

Old 22-07-2010

[QUOTE=chalky;396158]anything like crimefighter or bow tie

we used j concept subcultures at the weekend and they worked well

the thing is ive done about 100 laps on the twin roller, so the surface is about as well packed down as you could get, so you only have to drive the track and negotiate its features. its not like the surface of mars(the planet) where you may find a new rock at every turn.

at the moment with the rain and the fact we water the track if its thirsty tyre wear seams minimal

totally agree
you dont have to fight the track to keep the car on its wheels through ruts bumps and pot holes

one of the best tracks i have ever been to and if they keep it in the condition it was at last weeks meet it will not be long before its one of the countrys biggest clubs
its needed up here and is still very accessable and easy to get to, also the owner land lord seems like a good guy who actually races 1/8 scale
Old 22-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
Sean get yourself down the track is ace

Your not wrong john, what a great track.

I deffinately need to get some correct tyres tho, i was sliding around all over the place on my angle spikes and mini spikes, was still great fun.

Pleased with the speed down the straight, just as fast as the nitro boys.
losi 8ight
Old 22-07-2010
Administrator

Thanks for the loan of the car

I've created a forum for the track so we can keep it all in one place - the link's here (or from the main forum page, in the club section) http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110
Old 23-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I might have a pop down some time, I've not had chance to run my 8th since the Neo

Is there going to be anything on between now and the September meeting besides the Thursday nights? I can't make them because of work

How loose is the surface? I've got a couple of part worn sets of JC DD's from the Neo I'd like to see off
Old 23-07-2010

no only thursday nights

its just happened very quickley and we`ve got holidays in august thats why september is the next one

but we will be looking at putting a calendar together with a meeting and a practice day once a month over the winter months

maybe even more

surface is watered or rained on but smooth, not a million miles away from neo surface
Old 23-07-2010
Legendary dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post
I might have pop down some time, I've not had chance to run my 8th since the Neo

Is there going to be anything on between now and the September meeting besides the Thursday nights? I can't make them because of work

How loose is the surface? I've got a couple of part worn sets of JC DD's from the Neo I'd like to see off
Rich most block type tyres work really well. On sunday i was using tourex 300 (similar to proline bow-tie) in a medium compound. My dad was using well worn proline calibers m3 and both gave excellent grip. The surface is very smooth and very fast for an 8th offroad track i bet most of your jc tyres will work. Get your self down the Track is absolutly ace to race on. Chalky and the guys who run have made a track that is of a very high stannard.

Elite R/C racing
Optipower
Old 23-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
Rich most block type tyres work really well. On sunday i was using tourex 300 (similar to proline bow-tie) in a medium compound. My dad was using well worn proline calibers m3 and both gave excellent grip. The surface is very smooth and very fast for an 8th offroad track i bet most of your jc tyres will work. Get your self down the Track is absolutly ace to race on. Chalky and the guys who run have made a track that is of a very high stannard.
Thats OK then I've got some one-run Blue Crow-Bow's from the Neo too
Old 23-07-2010

due to popular demand (and the fact i want some extra laps myself before the next meeting) i will be opening the track this sunday for all the hard workers that can't make it on a thursday evening.

track will be open from 11am till 5pm and refreshments will be available.

£10 for the day

PLEASE NOTE, ON A WEEKEND WHEN THE GO OUTDOORS SHOP IS OPEN, PLEASE DRIVE TO THE FRONT OF THE SHOP AND HEAD FOR THE OVERFLOW CAR PARK. IT IS A ONE WAY SYSTEM DURING OPEN HOURS ON A WEEKEND

just to let you all know our next dates....

sunday 25th july 11 - 5

thursday eve 29th july 5 - 8

thursday eve 26th aug 5 - 8

thursday eve 2nd sept 5 - 8

thursday eve 9th sept 5 - 8

race date sunday 12th sept
Old 23-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

That's me down for this Sunday then
Old 25-07-2010

Was gonna go to pendle today but would much prefer to practice here and put my money into this local track. There will be four of us coming down today
Old 25-07-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to dave g

weather is looking good as of 10am this morning,some nice blue skies appearing
Old 26-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well done to everyone involved in the building and running of the MMRX track, it's such a fun layout I could have driven round all day on Sunday

I need to get some more tyres ordered now for the September meeting, Green Subcultures were the business!
Old 29-07-2010

Send a message via MSN to Scurry

Was there last sunday and the track is ace and I am chuffed to bits that there is a dirt track in Yorkshire.
A massive thumbs up for everyone getting this track setup,
Old 30-07-2010
Mad Member

Hi Guys

Been looking at having another at this nitro lark with this club just opening it's not to far from hull

I had a losi 8ight before raced it once then sold it this time plan on buying a new engine and a secondhand car,servos etc.. i have been looking at getting a another losi or the hyper 8.5 the or would i be better off just buying a RTR and changing the servos

Any advice apprciated

Cheers Paul

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 30-07-2010

Ooh a friend mentioned this to me earlier, looks great. Finally a track I can cycle to. I'll have to pop down one thursday evening with my x1 cr after work lol. Only problem is I work 10-6 on a thursday. Never done any racing in my life, and the x1 is my basher so if I find that I like it, another 8IGHT is coming after a real car haha. I live very near Dave G, so I should be good for weather reports too. Sorry that this is one of my first posts, don't browse oople often .

Lee.
Old 06-08-2010

what's the address for this track? i'd like to check it out as i've never been to an rc race track before and i'm only in leeds
Old 06-08-2010

Send a message via MSN to Willashcroft

Oh wow, never really raced round a 1/8th track before, would love to try it out with the Hyper 7e, i hope to make one of these dates
Old 18-08-2010

This track looks incredible even to a newbie like me. I've just bought myself a 1/8th nitro and have been looking for a good track (getting a bit lonely in the local park) so this looks real... but before I come down can someone let me know about tyres and the like. I know very little and my tyres are pretty much bald now so which should I look at buying?
Cheers
Adam
Old 18-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

JConcepts Green (Super Soft) Compound Subcultures are very good around MMRX, they lasted longer than the Blue (Soft) compound Crow-Bow's I tried when I was there last as they were usable right the way down to the carcass - the Crow-Bow combination seemed to loose their edge at about half tread.

MB Models have been keeping them in stock recently although they sell out quickly!
Old 19-08-2010

Thanks Richard. I never realised there were so many to choose from! I'll get myself over to MB and get myself sorted. Will I need anything else like extra crystals? (or is that something that went out with the ark?)
Cheers
Adam