Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 17-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
Considering how small the racing market is compared to bashers, and how many club racers are already using them, I don't think Hobbyking would be in much of a rush to get them approved. Especially as all the costs and requirements of approval would put up the prices of the batteries.
That's my thoughts as well. It's up to hobbyking to sort and they sell enough already because they are cheap.
A lot of hobbykings stuff is for airplanes etc so it's not even there main market.

On the plus side however. I just bought a pair of lipos for my kids mini trucks from the UK store. Arrived in a couple of days. Postage was nearly as much as the cells, but at just over £7 each total (inc postage) you can't complain and a lot cheaper than the Nimh equivalent on ebay.
Old 17-10-2012

can someone please just clarify, if you order through that site, you dont get hit with import duty and the dreaded £8 charge etc?

for my racing I dont need the special pack, always used the turnigy nanotech packs with no problems, the prices on that site are amazing.
Old 17-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydevon View Post
can someone please just clarify, if you order through that site, you dont get hit with import duty and the dreaded £8 charge etc?

for my racing I dont need the special pack, always used the turnigy nanotech packs with no problems, the prices on that site are amazing.

Yes but you have to order from the uk warehouse which doesnt stock everything that the others do

Also the postage is a bit higher but the prices on things are still in dollars and super cheap
Old 18-10-2012

Postage from the UK store was $5.59 for a 48 hour parcelforce service. This is about £3.50 and you can have up to 1Kg of stuff. Think mine weighed about 300g total so I could of had more.

Being Lipos I think you have to send them through a recorded service such as that.
However the cost of the items, $8 each, offset what are still only minor postage charges when you look at some online retailers.
And NO there were no customs charges etc as they were already in the UK. I think the price was already $0.60 more than if you bought from the international warehouse so they have already included the extra charges at there end and no nasty parcelforce tax (£12) to pay on top.