Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-05-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert digler View Post
nice ride
i know where there is a very very rare works car from basildon worlds pretty simalar to the zxs but was works only release it belonged to steve harris
Thats funny, Steve Harris car was just a basic bog standard Lazer. Obviously with all the hop ups that were available his car looked good but nothing special. Prove me wrong and post some pics, but I know Bob Gammons car looked more like a prototype at the basildon worlds after what he did to his car.

Besides I hate to say this but just because he was in the kyosho team it didnt mean Steve was that good, as unfortunately he wasnt - yes he was better than all of us here but he was not as good as the other team drivers.

Now if you looked at Bob Gammons car then you would have seen the car that was part of the design used to develop for kyosho as his rear gear box had been cut away and had see through plastic ends on. Also he had a different layout on the front gear box.

This makes more sense that Bobs car was part of the design concept used for the zxs.

And anyway the proper prototypes would have been used in Japan and not the uk, well for Kyosho anyway. Tamiya however gave a belt drive to Ellis Stafford that resembled a ZXR, and that was interesting.