Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 19-05-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Sensored motor won't work because - internal timing of motor is +30 degrees by default (that's marked as 0 timing on motors), if you change polarity you'll get -30degrees and that's too much.
Old 19-05-2009

was this easy to do?? is it as simple as turning round the gearbox and swapping round the layshaft??
Old 19-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
i converted my cr 3 weeks ago runs like a dream, it was just as quick as the x6's at my local club i run a x12 7.5 brushless with
3300 cell ,no problems as yetfinger crossed ,touch wood
Great conversion and the motors running the correct way.

How have you attached the motor mount back on to the other side of the gearbox ?
Old 19-05-2009

Default spacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRDEAN0 View Post
Great conversion and the motors running the correct way.

How have you attached the motor mount back on to the other side of the gearbox ?

mount the rear shock mount to the gearbox using the long bolt then bolt the motorplate to the box and mount and then space the other gearbox bolts making sure you keep the motorplate square.
works a treat the hardest part was turning the layshaft round,i had to machine the layshaft down to make it fit in the gearbox. i will take the gearbox apart nextweek and post the pic as i rebuild ,then you can see what i did to the layshaft and step by step spacing the motorplate
Old 19-05-2009

Default cr mid convertion

i run 6 cells 5 at the bottom 1 on top, so i can move the weight forward and backwards by turning the cell around as u can see in the pictures the wiring is messy due to work in progress as u can see by my battery strap CABLE TIE thats my next job.
Old 20-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
mount the rear shock mount to the gearbox using the long bolt then bolt the motorplate to the box and mount and then space the other gearbox bolts making sure you keep the motorplate square.
works a treat the hardest part was turning the layshaft round,i had to machine the layshaft down to make it fit in the gearbox. i will take the gearbox apart nextweek and post the pic as i rebuild ,then you can see what i did to the layshaft and step by step spacing the motorplate
Be good to see the pics when you get chance. Could make a cost effective solution to mid motor cars.
Old 20-05-2009

Thumbs up coversion

this is great to do with your losi and it's not that hard either. the only thing i have found is that the losi chassis does flex alot more then the x-6.

i'm now in the process of making a modification to make my losi cr more rigid so the chasis plate does not split under stress of my 7700kv.

mods done, its not to bad considering i had not alot of aliminium to play with. hardest part was tapping the bottom so it would thread on to the screw in the chassis.

after fitting it, i had to trim the gear case so it could clear it. i now have the cover held by 1 screw and a bit of battery tape..it does the job. another thing i will say is once you do this, if running the 88spur you will be limited to a 22/23 pinon. to cure this you could use the 78 spur.

Keeping fast motors reving hard.

signed...migsy

racing made better by Losi, Team Xtreme, HPI BAJA 5B. novak, castle creations, trak-power lipos bantam B6 and my SMR nicely done by huski sport uk. local club: Cwmaman RC Jammers.

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.

Last edited by migsy; 21-05-2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: modification on car.
Old 21-05-2009

Thumbs up mod job

job done, pics on display above.

signed...migsy

racing made better by Losi, Team Xtreme, HPI BAJA 5B. novak, castle creations, trak-power lipos bantam B6 and my SMR nicely done by huski sport uk. local club: Cwmaman RC Jammers.

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.
Old 25-05-2009

Thumbs up mid-motor raced.

hi guys. just a small write-up on my losi mid-motor. I ran it at the cobra event in cardiff yesterday and it went really well. its not the case of slowing down, flicking the back end around then shoot off. this car is now more the case of head down the staight ease off going in then keep the power on the best to your skills and let the momentum take you through. it's shocking how battery placement affects a car that much.
another issue i did have to deal with and did really piss me off, was the fact that a certain driver, i wont name names but the lancky twat knows who i'm talking about thought if i cant beat him, just take him out. so after making a pass down the straight and closing off the inside line, i had a full shunt in the rear cauing my shock tower to let go. how he got off with it so easy i dont know? the only answer i can think of is that there's a brown-nose in the club!
any way i got in to the b final taking 2nd place, not bad considering it's a car that needs tweakin again.

any-1 with mid-motor out there, what setups you got? cheers

signed...migsy

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.
Old 25-05-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Speaking for the club, we don't run referee's, so people aren't watching the driving standards. So I don't think it is any form of brown nosing. If you had brought it up, I am sure someone would of just watched him a little dude, nobody likes rough driving.

As for the car, it was nice over the bumbs, although it did look a little random on the steering, maybe you need to move some weight forward, especially as your running LiPo?
Old 25-05-2009

Thumbs up Losi steering

I will admit i did struggle with the steering at first, i did find that the front end was light and i did alter a few things to try and get it to grip. i was advised by craig harris to go a little stiffer in the front but by the time i got back into it, i just stuck it out. i have added 20grams to the front but i feel it may require another 15gs to get a little more steering.. better liuck next time.

signed...migsy

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.
Old 25-05-2009

Default setup

my setup is NOT the way forward, i use blue spring front and red springs rear because the colours match my body shell
i have done the project for fun winning is a bonus
Old 26-05-2009

Thumbs up set-up fotmid-motor

thats a new one for me. lol. i will be trying some diffrent springs along with pistons and oil. my next change before the next meeting will be to change my rear pivot block to a 2dge to loosen up the rear.

signed...migsy

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.
Old 27-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by migsy View Post
hi guys. just a small write-up on my losi mid-motor. I ran it at the cobra event in cardiff yesterday and it went really well. its not the case of slowing down, flicking the back end around then shoot off. this car is now more the case of head down the staight ease off going in then keep the power on the best to your skills and let the momentum take you through. it's shocking how battery placement affects a car that much.
another issue i did have to deal with and did really piss me off, was the fact that a certain driver, i wont name names but the lancky twat knows who i'm talking about thought if i cant beat him, just take him out. so after making a pass down the straight and closing off the inside line, i had a full shunt in the rear cauing my shock tower to let go. how he got off with it so easy i dont know? the only answer i can think of is that there's a brown-nose in the club!
any way i got in to the b final taking 2nd place, not bad considering it's a car that needs tweakin again.

any-1 with mid-motor out there, what setups you got? cheers

Im sure it was just a racing tap lol

cobra isnt the biggest track ever is it so you allways going to get bashed around a little from an over eager throttle driver- i wouldnt let it spoil your hard work

we have all been there down at the health lol- just take it on the chin

keep up the good work
Old 27-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Quote:
I will admit i did struggle with the steering at first, i did find that the front end was light and i did alter a few things to try and get it to grip. i was advised by craig harris to go a little stiffer in the front but by the time i got back into it, i just stuck it out. i have added 20grams to the front but i feel it may require another 15gs to get a little more steering.. better liuck next time.
Ive put about 70-90g in the front of mine, probably more. Helped on steering massively.
Old 27-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwell View Post
Ive put about 70-90g in the front of mine, probably more. Helped on steering massively.
In the Front!!!

Ibe got 110 overall in the b4

how have you got 90 up front? is it a flat plate under the servo?
Old 27-05-2009

Thumbs up FRONT WEIGHTS.

Morning lads.

are any of you inserting weights up inside the slots of the bulkhead. i was told by a very pleasant chap that doing this will increase over-all steering. i think you can get 3-4 5gram weights up in there.

migsy

signed...migsy

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.
Old 27-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Morning lads.

are any of you inserting weights up inside the slots of the bulkhead. i was told by a very pleasant chap that doing this will increase over-all steering. i think you can get 3-4 5gram weights up in there.

migsy

you can get a brass bulkhead from trishbits or rymart team drivers are runnig these on there cr's
Old 27-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

I have a trishbits front bulkhead and this bad boy:
Old 27-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ian is there room under the trish bits one to add lead weight ?