Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > R/C Graphy!

Old 19-11-2011
Mad Member

Default Witch camera

Just been reading though the other camera thread i've been thinking of having ago at the photography lark for a while now but don't have a big budget to spend on one was looking at spending £200 or less is better lol Any links/recommendations welcome

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 19-11-2011

It's a massively open ended question I'm afraid.

If you let us know what you want to have a go at shooting it's much easier to give advice.
You might need to get your head around spending just a little more though...
Old 20-11-2011

If you want to do action shots then a DSLR is a must, everything else has a lag between you pressing the shutter button and the camera actually taking the picture.

The next big thing is lens quality. Spend your money on the lens and not the camera body. You can upgrade a camera body later on.

Cannon and Nikon are solid and reliable brands, and don't worry about megapixel quantity - 6 megapixel is enough for A4 prints, and A3 prints if viewed from normal distances (i.e, not 10 cm from the picture).

Technique and practice, plus reading up about things like how light plays an important part in how a picture looks are more important than the latest fandango gadget.

I used to do a load of photography, landscapes mostly, and a had a 6 megapixel Canon 300d (positively ancient now), and it was fine to get pictures in print in some of the camera mags. Like most things, it's the technique and skill that matters.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chun-Quoit-3051.jpg (196.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg CRW_3540.jpg (197.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Clipstone-3441.jpg (150.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 20-11-2011

I'm still using a 6MP (D40) camera and selling pictures through a stock photo agency. My lenses cost me twice what the camera cost new and are worth nearly as much second hand now, whereas the body is about a quarter of it's original price.

Definitely spend your money on quality lenses.
Old 20-11-2011
Mad Member

I was looking at getting a Canon 350D second hand, they're going for about £150, that was even in a shop I saw that, better seeing it than buying from ebay.

That said my girlfriends got me a 2nd hand Kodak for £35, take perfectly okay pictures of reasonably fast moving objects. I've zoomed in on a lot of these to crop to something more interesting but for thirty five quid you can't complain.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lisian/...57627248023564

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9023230...7626837775561/

My paintwork thread