Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 04-06-2017

Default Hobbywing XR10 Pro, Orca R32 or LRP FlowX

To cut a long story short, I've fried my LRP Flow WorksTeam and am looking for a new ESC for my TC.

With recommendations, I've shortlisted the XR10 Pro, Orca R32 and a FlowX. Which has support on here and why?
Old 04-06-2017

For me the choice would be simple. The XR10.
It is so powerful. so much punch when you want it but also can be smooth as silk. very easy to program with the box too, let alone the wifi dongle and smartphone app.
One of the biggest reasons has to be the support though. in the uk the distributor is schumacher so there is no real issues if you have a failure. Although i know xr10 failures are very rare, its nice to know you have good backup. You can't say the same for the other two on your list these days.
Reedy
DJ KIRKY
Old 04-06-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveproracing View Post
For me the choice would be simple. The XR10.
It is so powerful. so much punch when you want it but also can be smooth as silk. very easy to program with the box too, let alone the wifi dongle and smartphone app.
One of the biggest reasons has to be the support though. in the uk the distributor is schumacher so there is no real issues if you have a failure. Although i know xr10 failures are very rare, its nice to know you have good backup. You can't say the same for the other two on your list these days.
Second that! Amazing ESC's

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 25-06-2017

Was going to ask the same question as I'm looking at buying a new speedo
Anyone got anymore thaught s about the orca v hobbywing ?
Old 25-06-2017

What class you looking at running?

Can I make another suggestion?

Maclan range, I've just switched over from the much hyped R1 range. I run at the Eastbourne club regularly and held the track record with that combo until today. With my Maclan esc and 13.5 in blinky I beat the track record by over 3 seconds. The esc is the smoothest I have ever used and the top end from the motors is also extreamly good. It hangs on to the boosted cars out the corners.

I've had a go in boosted as well and it's great in that class too. Not overly aggressive but gives you immense top end.

Results have been very good.
Moody fools
Richpaint
Gmcc
Old 25-06-2017

Also good to take into account the support from kev lee at inside line racing
Moody fools
Richpaint
Gmcc
Old 25-06-2017

Well I've never heard or seen of that speedo
Just looked on google it looks nice but I'd rather stick to what I know
Hobbywing or orca
Old 25-06-2017

It's okay you saying this "I haven't heard of this"

The electronics have made multiple A finals this year at off road national level.

They are yet to make the breakthrough in TC, but the results I've pulled in since switching have proven they are a match or better than some of the best rated electrics.

I ran LRP flow/reedy combo at first, 2 of the best ESC's/motors in the class currently then I ran a full R1 wurks package which is currently being hyped as the best package in the class. Yet I have beaten all my tracks records with the new maclan package.

End of the day, we can all be sheep and just run what everyone else does or we can break the trend. I'm currently racing at many differnent places with my TC to show the Maclan is a package to be taken seriously
Moody fools
Richpaint
Gmcc
Old 26-06-2017

I'm not aware of the Maclan range, but i'm willing to go an have a look.

As this was my thread originally though, it's probably worth letting you know what I settled for and why....for me it was the XR10. I have run a HW previously in GT12 and found it faultless - admittedly that had always been the case for LRP with me too (even back to brushed days), until I plugged it in the wrong way and fried it. My choice was driven by local support - ie, resellers that I could speak to should I have any issue - and the geek-factor of a wifi module to program/update it. The Orca was a lovely looking unit, but I noticed I didn't have such a good local dealer support should I have issues.
Old 26-06-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliveyp View Post

As this was my thread originally though, it's probably worth letting you know what I settled for and why....for me it was the XR10. I have run a HW previously in GT12 and found it faultless - admittedly that had always been the case for LRP with me too (even back to brushed days), until I plugged it in the wrong way and fried it. My choice was driven by local support - ie, resellers that I could speak to should I have any issue - and the geek-factor of a wifi module to program/update it. The Orca was a lovely looking unit, but I noticed I didn't have such a good local dealer support should I have issues.
Fantastic choice. The XR10 Pro is a great piece if kit and so adjustable. I tried the Orca S/C a while ago and I hated it.

Modelsport UK Race Team | Schumacher KC
Old 26-06-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliveyp View Post

I understand that it's difficult being the brands unknown nature in the TC world. I'm a competitive racer with national A final pace. So I won't use something that if I think it won't give me the performance I need and the Maclan range is giving that.

Regarding support, talk to Kev Lee at Inside Line Models. He always has stock and he also offers a service if anything was to fail. Which there have been no known faults and they are regularly used in off road.

Hope this helps 😊
Moody fools
Richpaint
Gmcc