Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 08-12-2014

Default TC3 Setups

Hi guys. Hope I can just about get away with this in the Vintage section....

For the last couple of weeks of club meets before xmas, i've decided to drag out my old Associated TC3 for some giggles. It currently sits in my garage, void of electrics, where it has been unused for some 10+ years.

My question is, anyone have any good places to start with for setups? I'm looking at running 13.5 blinky rather than heading for the traditional brushed motors (that said, I have got a bundle of mixed brushed motors, but not sure if the old Tekin brushed speedo I have would be happy to run lipos - of if the motors would be happy running lipos either). I would be running Sorex 32's on an indoor carpet surface.

Any suggestions?
Old 10-12-2014

depends a lot how big your track is!! i used to run tc3 indoors on tarmac, fairly large open area. gearing was 28/72 with 15 degrees advance (sensorless), this went very well on our track. on a tighter indoor track you may need something like a 24 tooth with a similar setup. cant really remember much with the tc3 setup and as we run on very low grip would probably be not much help anyway. pretty sure most settings were as per book apart from i used to run rear shock tower front and back and the silver springs all round, also a very fine anti roll bar on the rear which used to take away the rear end snap and make it more predictable