Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 26-02-2018

Default Bittydesign M410 Shell.

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone had used this shell yet and generally what sort of quality Bittydesign shells are?

Im returning to RC after a 10yr plus lay off and always used to use PF shells, but there is a lot more choice now and fancy trying something different

Ta Muchos
Old 27-02-2018
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

at MB raceway i got fed up of using a proline shell per meeting when i raced TC. they just seemed to shatter on impact.

I bought and painted up an M15 shell, and it just lasted and lasted many meetings. its still on the car, and shows no visible signs of damage apart from a small split in the front splitter.

A season on and most now are running them over proline.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 27-02-2018

A few of the local guys are using the M410 now with varying results.

One of them commented to me the other week that he found it very brittle, and another picked up a very good crack after only one or two weeks. A number of others don't seem to have too many problems though, but they may be the less crash-prone.

I've never really found any problem with PF bodies other than what I expect for the treatment they get, but I'm looking to give the M410 a punt soon to find out myself.
Old 27-02-2018

Thanks guys,

I think ill just buy one and chance it. Until my driving improves again i think the shell replacement cost is going to be very similar. Ill get one and post up my thoughts too once ive run it a few times
Old 27-02-2018

It's a good shell for indoors on carpet. Very stable but still decent overall grip. Quality seems okay; I've given mine some big hits and no cracks yet.

For outdoors you'll be better with one of the new higher downforce bodies (TypeS or Racer).
Old 03-03-2018

Just scrim tape it and stick it!, I use Stixall or clearfix type silicone adhesive, 1 roll and 1 tube will last a lifetime, I have 2 boys 5 and 7 that race and crash a lot! their shells are cracked all round the front but held together from inside so still look ok
Old 14-03-2018
Mad Member

I'm a big fan of the M410 on carpet. It does give the car a lot of stability, maybe a little too much sometimes for my taste so I have one mounted a little more forward (4mm) so I swap between the two depending on how tired I am or how technical the track is.

As to quality, I find it very durable compared to some of the other brands.