Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 26-06-2020
Mad Member

Supply and demand. They were probably the best 2wd car of the day so more people want to use them fir vintage racing or display because they had one as a kid so prices rise
Old 26-06-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman79 View Post
I paid £130 for a losi xx and an xxt three years ago as a pair, I sold them a short time ago for almost £500 combined, I’m not sure why vintage prices have risen so much, guess it’s the take off of vintage racing. Depends on the series your entering as to wether the xxx is eligible, I know the iconic revival series only goes up to 98, putting the xxx a year too new. I’ve just bought an xx kinwald from the states for a good price so will be using that at next years event, or this if I can get in. I’ve seen a few people using them And they appear to go well. If your thinking of getting an xx or an xxx just check with where your planning to run it if it’s eligible or not. Unfortunately the vintage market as a whole is going up in price, bargains are still there but are harder to find and few and far betweeen. Good luck on your search.
Fair points there, and must be the impact from vintage classes being more popular. Luckily I’m not in the market buying, I have too many XX and XXX and will be selling in the not to distant future.
Old 06-03-2021

Chaps, anyone been keeping an eye on XX and XXX kinwald prices? They have gone through the roof!

I should have kept hold of a few kinwald models and sold them for double the price today........
Old 07-03-2021

All vintage prices are going through the roof at the moment.
XX4 just sold on ebay for £358

People who are around my age (mid 30's) are getting back into racing and buying the cars they use to have in the 90's, and also people want lockdown projects.
Vintage is that popular at the moment that there are two Revival meets this year due to there being more than double the capacity trying to enter.

I'm lucky my dad kept our cars to the side so I didn't have to buy a XX as i'm racing his.
Schumacher Cat 2000EC
Losi XX
Tamiya TT-02 (Rally)
Traxxas Rustler

Instagram: Lofty1984
Old 22-03-2021

Maybe I should look to start selling a few bits and bobs!! if prices have gone mad, I have 6 XXX's (two Kinwalds), 5 B3's, Kinwald XX, FT T3, Matt Francis XXXT all brand new never ran, and that's only about a third of what I have but the rest are newer, such as B4's, RB5 etc. but still all brand new...