Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 06-03-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
Its gental persuation I DONT do it often. Mainly a club when im following a slower car and dont want to risk a high speed overtake down the straight if i know there a straight swerver.. ( someone that zigzag's down the straight) Just push them a little wide and your past knowone hurt

A

You don't overtake anyone at the club, you can't keep up

For my point of view I agree with John fully. If you go over the track as part of a crash you SHOULD NOT rejoin straight away as you have lost nothing, you shoud wait and give yourself a gap.

Problem is it doesn't and will not happen, it is all down to the drivers as the Ref can't see them all, trust me I've been a ref at the Nationals.

As for CD - Will we see you at the End of Season Finals Chris??
Old 06-03-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Yea ok Jones..

A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
You don't overtake anyone at the club, you can't keep up

For my point of view I agree with John fully. If you go over the track as part of a crash you SHOULD NOT rejoin straight away as you have lost nothing, you shoud wait and give yourself a gap.

Problem is it doesn't and will not happen, it is all down to the drivers as the Ref can't see them all, trust me I've been a ref at the Nationals.

As for CD - Will we see you at the End of Season Finals Chris??

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 07-03-2010
Mad Member

I seem to come across the problem of getting hit full force up the backside on the start of a final, It happened at Bury last meeting and again last night at York. The guy at bury was going so fast into the first bend if he hadn't of hit me to slow down he'd have been into the wall and out of the race. Its like some sort of mad Kamakazi move and a stupid way to start a final.

Now and again I see the "it doesn't matter if you're three laps up on me I'm going to drive like an idiot to keep pace and probably take you out", that one really winds me up

On the flip side there are some really nice drivers I race with that will go way off the line to let me past, they deserve a medal .

Clown
Old 07-03-2010
Thieving scumbag

i will always let the faster drivers through as for the contact what annoys me is when you overtake someone and they just ram the throttle and power straight into you running over your car or taking you off
Old 07-03-2010

Hmm interesting , ive raced for a while now and last week was the first time ive witnessed these new fangeled touring cars racing .

Ill be honest i saw more contact amongst the touring cars than i did with the of roaders.

So 1/10th scale off road non contact , however 1/10th touring cars yes?
Old 07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Griffiths View Post
but this would depend on were you jump track? Like you may gain half the track at some points at formby so whats the peanlty? average lap is 18 sec so 9 sec? what if its a quarter, or 3 quarter? I think this would be too hard to judge etc. thats my personel view anyway. I think try to rejoin WHEN SAFE TO DO SO not in some great panic cos you crashed etc if this aint possible then as a last resort timed penalty to yourself
Chris
The race control software has a timer for minimum lap. So if you made a 9sec lap on an 18sec course then the your lap would not count!
Old 07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanW View Post
The race control software has a timer for minimum lap. So if you made a 9sec lap on an 18sec course then the your lap would not count!

That explains why some people were in the bottom final last weekend! LOL

Cheers mate

XRAY
Tecnopower
AKA
AMMO Fuel
HUDY
RC Disco