Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 04-09-2011

Default VRC Pro

I have just seen that VRC Pro as come out on sale. As anybody been using it and is it any good. Do you get 1/8 off road with it etc.

Thanks Lee
Old 04-09-2011

I think it's all mainly 1/10th nitro on-road, with one or two electric on-roads thrown in.
Old 04-09-2011

From what I've seen, it is initially being launched with on road in various scales but will have off road added as a free update in time.

I don't know how I feel about the subscription payment model. I think I'd prefer to buy it out-right and upgrade when I choose rather than pay an annual fee. Although, if it's good enough, you might save enough on practice tyres and spares to justify getting it.
Old 04-09-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Well you have to pay monthly fee, then you have to pay for tracks and lastly you have to pay to unlock parts and cars (last two are buyable after loads of racing as you get some ingame money by racing - I'm not sure if tracks are payable by it as well).
Uhm and paid trial is joke.

As for classes - currently there is 1:10 EP and nitro and 1:8 nitro. In future they wanted to add 1:12 scale and offroad (I guess in very distant future considering how long it took to release current game).
Old 05-09-2011

Paying evey subs is a big no-no to me untill at least any scale off road comes on line. I will still be using my free limited VRC standard.
If anybody is using the new Pro please give your reviews on this link so that oople users can tell if its going to skill build.

LH
Old 07-09-2011
Mad Member

Anyone running this on a mac with boot camp? Also, can you get a module to use a Ko Universe as a controller?

Just want to check it will all work before splashing out...
Old 07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by x313 View Post
Anyone running this on a mac with boot camp? Also, can you get a module to use a Ko Universe as a controller?

Just want to check it will all work before splashing out...
No idea about the mac, but if it's anything like the standard VRC, you plug your receiver into a usb box, and then use your transmitter as you normally would. The hardware should be listed somewhere.
Old 07-09-2011

Vrc pro is good at the min its just 1/10th on road elec and nitro.. buggys are coming soon we are told but no date set yet. uploaded a pic of my mi4cx in game
Attached Images
File Type: jpg schumacher.jpg (11.2 KB, 43 views)
Old 07-09-2011

I have been a Beta tester for VRC PRO

It runs much smoother than the original and i have found the cars to handle a lot more realisticly and when set up correctly are much easier to drive. The kirbs on the tracks are far more forgiveing and you can run over them like you can on a real track without a penalty as in the original. You don't need to buy cars unless you want a proper manufacturers car as the supplied cars are ok.
The electric tourers are really excellent as are the carpet tracks.
Just the tool required to practice on those long winter evenings.
The multiplayer online is excellent and it is great fun racing people from all over the world.

I hope this helps a bit

2014 & 2013 BRCA 4WD 1/10 Off Road Southwest Regional Champion
1998 BRCA 1/10 IC Circuit British Champion
www.racing-cars.com/
WWW.WESTCOUNTRYRESORTS.CO.UK
WWW.TRCMCC.CO.UK
Old 08-09-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Well game is ok, but what drives me mad is shit loads of ads ingame (and we're paying quite a lot - so I'm expecting ads free game apart from equipment you run like chassis, batteries etc).
And I'm not havin OCD but I belive for some people must mess on the table make them absolutely insane.
Old 08-09-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Where can I buy the USB adaptor in Europe/UK?
Old 09-09-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Paul, I will be picking your brains as to how to get the best out of it just as soon as I have a PC at home again. That does beg another question, what sort of spec if the minimum that you could get away with (laptop and desktop specs)?
Old 09-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Where can I buy the USB adaptor in Europe/UK?
Not europe but china - http://www.dealextreme.com/p/mystery...-remotes-13158
It's damn cheap and works as original (I know because I own both). Delivery times are also reasonable (I'm receiving most items within 2 weeks) and you can pay for tracking number.
Old 09-09-2011

Mirage used to distribute VRC, and then I think Apex Models. If you also check the regular VRC website, there should be a list of hardware and where you can buy it, if you don't want to buy from the site.
Old 09-09-2011
Mad Member

Don't know the guy but it's in UK and for good price it seems
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80129