Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 04-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Picked mine up today, plus a few hop-ups and spares. Not begun the build as yet, but not in a rush. I believe there is a hinge-pin carepack coming from Yokomo to fix the over hardened parts that shipped in kits. Meanwhile the xray parts do fit.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-12-2013
Mad Member

I'm pretty sure the pins from the older car also fit.

It's a nice build. It weighs a ton!!!
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 05-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Looking foward to your comparison with the XB4

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 05-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by discothesnake View Post
I'm pretty sure the pins from the older car also fit.

It's a nice build. It weighs a ton!!!
They do fit. I'm using the pins from the II.

@OneKiwi, what do you want to know? I've driven a XB4 before
Old 05-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyaflake View Post
They do fit. I'm using the pins from the II.

@OneKiwi, what do you want to know? I've driven a XB4 before
so BMAX4 III vs XB4 what do you think?
Old 05-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dMITIj View Post
Yep a little along these lines, I am really happy with my mr2 and also have the xb4 whick I am also really happy with. I have gotten it to a stage that Im pleased with.

As always new stuff looks good and im longing for another build which I love. However I am seriously considering the XB4 2wd because of the parts compatibility 95% is pretty good share rate.

I can justify a new 2wd more than the 4wd, if I was to get something. Saying that we just don't have the tracks and choice here so its a little catch 22.

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 05-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dMITIj View Post
The XB4 was really nice to build. But to my surprising (compared with the B-Max4 II also), building the III was a pleasure as well. Everything went together smoothly.

I like the shocks on the Yokomo more than I do on the X-Ray. Easier to build and adjust.

Despite the weak hingepins on the III (guess it will be fixed), the car is great. Less initial weak spots on the III than on the XB4.
The slipper on the III, imo, is better than the XB4. Both drivetrains are really smooth.

Both drive really great out of the box. Both cars are top quality and in the end there is not so many difference. Just personal preference.

Compared to the II, there are a lot of improvements on the III. Car is so much better.
Old 11-12-2013

Hi, I'm thinking of taking the plunge after 3 1/2 years of Durango, Just got a couple of questions
What hop ups are required? (if any) understand there maybe hinge pin issues, but should be resolved.
Do Losi rims fit?
Heard there are some crosshead screws not all hexes, what size so they can be replaced during build.
Any other info or build tips!!
Thanks.
Old 11-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylie View Post
Hi, I'm thinking of taking the plunge after 3 1/2 years of Durango, Just got a couple of questions
What hop ups are required? (if any) understand there maybe hinge pin issues, but should be resolved.
Do Losi rims fit?
Heard there are some crosshead screws not all hexes, what size so they cany be replaced during build.
Thanks.
I was told that the new "batch" of yokomo B4 III will not have the problem with the hinge pins, but you should talk to your local dealer if he got the new Batch.
Old 11-12-2013
Mad Member

No hop ups are needed. Hinge pin problem is apparently being resolved but if in doubt the pins from the older car are a straight fit.

Wheel wise, I have fitted the smaller front hex from the older car and this allows me to fit associated wheels. The newer AE rear wheels are 12mm hex. I think the offset on Schumacher wheels us different. Kyosho front wheels fit perfectly too but the rears need drilled out to 5mm and you need to put a washer behind the nut.

Dave
Reedy

My feedback
Old 11-12-2013

Quote:
No hop ups are needed. Hinge pin problem is apparently being resolved but if in doubt the pins from the older car are a straight fit.

Wheel wise, I have fitted the smaller front hex from the older car and this allows me to fit associated wheels. The newer AE rear wheels are 12mm hex. I think the offset on Schumacher wheels us different. Kyosho front wheels fit perfectly too but the rears need drilled out to 5mm and you need to put a washer behind the nut.

Dave
so the new Schumacher wheels is a direct fit ore am i wrong? (i like black wheels)
Old 11-12-2013
Mad Member

Yes they go on as hexes are same size but I've been told that the offsets are slightly different which would only cause issues if you are racing at an official meeting I suppose.
Reedy

My feedback
Old 11-12-2013

Quote:
Yes they go on as hexes are same size but I've been told that the offsets are slightly different which would only cause issues if you are racing at an official meeting I suppose.
okay thanks
Old 12-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylie View Post
Do Losi rims fit?
Heard there are some crosshead screws not all hexes, what size so they can be replaced during build.
Thanks.
No hot ups required just buy the smaller front hexes so you can run Associated and JConcepts wheels that's it.

I used to run a Durango and the Yokomo pisses all over it . The Durango was stressful to keep it together over a 5min run and it would bite your head off if you pushed too hard it was a quick car if you kept it together. The Yokomo has loads of steering and the balance is amazing. I can push the BMax and it loves it.

If you get one don't use the setup out of the book, put no1 pistons in the rear shocks. Put the piston in the front flat side up, ball stud on the inner hole on the front hub and steering links forward. DO NOT use the additional weight between the cells . The book set up isn't suited to Uk tracks and I found the car lacking steering and turn in. Now I've changed it the car is perfect.

If you're worried about hinge pins the XB4 ones fit.

2011 Muchmore GP 4wd Champion

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 12-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post
No hot ups required just buy the smaller front hexes so you can run Associated and JConcepts wheels that's it.

I used to run a Durango and the Yokomo pisses all over it . The Durango was stressful to keep it together over a 5min run and it would bite your head off if you pushed too hard it was a quick car if you kept it together. The Yokomo has loads of steering and the balance is amazing. I can push the BMax and it loves it.

If you get one don't use the setup out of the book, put no1 pistons in the rear shocks. Put the piston in the front flat side up, ball stud on the inner hole on the front hub and steering links forward. DO NOT use the additional weight between the cells . The book set up isn't suited to Uk tracks and I found the car lacking steering and turn in. Now I've changed it the car is perfect.

If you're worried about hinge pins the XB4 ones fit.
I'm just building mine. interesting what you say about the lipo weight. what tracks have you run it at?
What oils?

are you running the front hubs forward or back?

I picked up the BMAX4 2 front pins. same size as the iii. I've got some xray ones in my box too. There is a care pack on its way from yok I believe to sort it out.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 13-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
I'm just building mine. interesting what you say about the lipo weight. what tracks have you run it at?
What oils?

are you running the front hubs forward or back?

I picked up the BMAX4 2 front pins. same size as the iii. I've got some xray ones in my box too. There is a care pack on its way from yok I believe to sort it out.
I run on a mix of carpet and vanished cork. I run 7k front oil and 5k rear diff oil. Any higher in the front would probably be too much unless you run on astro outdoor. 27wt shock rear and 35wt front. I run the cells forward as well. I run medium wheelbase as the car is already longer than most.

Leave the weight out as it takes away too much steering again though high bite astro the weight will come in handy.

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 13-12-2013

Whatever the manual says for the front hub spacing. That's one thing I didn't play with.

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 13-12-2013

Its gonna be nice when more ppl post there setups for this Yoko
Old 14-12-2013

is there any AVID 2+2 for the BMAX4 III? if so were to buy it?
Old 14-12-2013
Mad Member

Do you mean the 2+2 pistons? According to their website the Associated ones are a direct fit. (AE, Losi, Kyo, Yok)
Available e.g. from Avid's shop or amainhobbies.