Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 13-06-2010

Send a message via MSN to Zahir144
Default Recommended B-MAX hop-ups?

Hi

I've been racing the standard (non-champs pack) B-Max for about 7 meeting now, and it's going a treat. I've tinkered with the settings but found that it runs best straight out of the box.

I've seen the latest B-Max, and the hop-ups look awesome. Are there any that you guys would recommend (that don't just look good but actually have an enhanced function)?

The following part looks good, cause the plastic ones on the underside of my chassis have flattened off through wear and tear:

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/cml...tId=0000004512

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Old 14-06-2010

Honnestly Zahir, I would get the special front brace which will sterngthen the front a bit, the sway bar kit for tunning, Al shocks (bigbores or others), and that's pretty much it for starters (others ight have different oppinions). Then I'd just upgrade as the original parts wear...

Just my 0.02$
Old 14-06-2010

in my opinion the big bores are a gimmick. I'm saying this as a current owner of a cougar. They may have their advantages in 1/8 as they have longer finals, but 1/10 are short 5-6 min runs.

I think the best shocks at the moment are the kyosho shocks. Shock parts like springs and seals are plentiful available anywhere and the oil does not contaminate as quickly as AE or schumacher shocks.

I had the 2009 japan model, and to be honest I dont think any of the extra alloy on that car was of much advantage. I would just get another new plastic suspension holder thing that you wanted to replace.

if I was to buy another bmax, I would buy the base model and put kyosho shocks on. All the other hop-ups are unduly unjustified. The standard tapping screws also are not that bad, and I didnt mind them as they were easier to take out then hex screws cos they had a coarser thread.
Old 14-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinfastout View Post
in my opinion the big bores are a gimmick. I'm saying this as a current owner of a cougar. They may have their advantages in 1/8 as they have longer finals, but 1/10 are short 5-6 min runs.
Yeah, they might be (probably are), but I can say this: the Yokomo Bigbores work incredibly well! Very smooth and consistent. I would definetly recommend them, not because they are Bigbores, just because they work well.

Cheers!