Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 09-08-2015

Default ansmann x2 pro

Hi all, ive just brought an x2 pro, whicj i used for the first time this weekend. Im using a 10.5t motor with a 25 tooth pinion. Whilst it accelerates quicker enough the top end is quite slow. Could i go uo a pinion size or 2 to get some more top end.

I have it setup as per the instruction manual and find the steering very darty, and understeers coming out of corners.
Also it seems quite easy to tip over. Ride height is about 25mm.
Any suggestions would be great, this is for racing on a grass track. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2015
Mad Member

I'm no expert on set ups, but can offer the following: -

I'm pretty sure the X2pro is the same car as the Team C TC02 evo (i.e. rear motor) so you may be able to find some set up sheets for Team C as that is a more popular car.
Also 25mm ride ht sounds a lot - typically you'd be nearer 18-20mm I'd have thought.
Understeer is possible with a RM car as all the weight is at the back, so it may be that some added weight at front could help? Alternatively, it may be tyres? the standard ribbed fronts that come with a team c Jekyll (rtr version of TC02 evo) understeer badley, but when I switched my sons Jekyll to cut staggers it handled better

RE: pinion, what spur gear are you running? if you know all the gear sizes you can work out final drive ratio and there will be others on here that can advise better than I.

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 11-08-2015

Thanks for the reply.
The only way i can get the ride height any lower is by winding the collars on the shocks all the way to the top, but this makes t h e suspension very soft. And the springs loose.
The spur is the one in the that comes with the kit, think its 80 tooth. Im running schumacher mini spikes front and back.
Old 11-08-2015

Thanks for the reply.
The only way i can get the ride height any lower is by winding the collars on the shocks all the way to the top, but this makes t h e suspension very soft. And the springs loose.
The spur is the one in the that comes with the kit, think its 80 tooth. Im running schumacher mini spikes front and back.
Old 11-08-2015

try around a 29t pinion and if you can 76 / 75 spur if i remember right schumacker spurs fit with a bearing in the centre

kit setup should be quite stable but try running 2 row stids or cut staggers on the front for grass as the spike will bite in and cause the car to grip role
HB Racing D418
www.kandmacoustics.co.uk
Old 13-07-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterr32 View Post
Hi all, ive just brought an x2 pro, whicj i used for the first time this weekend. Im using a 10.5t motor with a 25 tooth pinion. Whilst it accelerates quicker enough the top end is quite slow. Could i go uo a pinion size or 2 to get some more top end.
Motors tend to be a bit individual and there is no rigid rule, just a ballpark.

On the mid-motor version of your car, with the same transmission essentials, I run my 10.5 motor on 29/76. The diff has 52 teeth and the layshaft has 20t, giving an internal ratio of 2.6:1.

Thus my overall ratio with the 10.5 motor is 6.8:1 .

When I change to a tired old 6.5R motor I tend to use a 21t pinion, giving 9.4:1.

Both are plenty quick enough down the straight and my ESC has never been used in anything but Blinky Mode. No point really as my thumbs can't keep up with it as it is!