Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 04-12-2013

Default DNX408

Hi people I'm new on here, been into rc cars for a bit and started racing 1/8th nitro rally x mid year at mmrx in Wakefield with a sworkz, since then iv moved in doors with a durango dex210, I love this thing so much that I'm now looking at getting rid of the sworkz and getting the DNX408, problem is I'm having trouble finding them anywhere, can anyone point me in the right direction please, for the dnx408 and the dnx408t thanks
Danny
Old 05-12-2013
Mad Member

Hi Danny,

You will be hard pressed to find a DNX408 buggy anywhere.

You will find a list of resellers here

Best Regards

Fabien

Team Durango
Old 06-12-2013

Iv heard rumers of a new dex210 and a new dnx408 and dnx408t when iv phoned a shop up to see if they got them or can get them! Surely they wouldn't bring 4 new cars out at once or is this all true?
Old 07-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldenby81 View Post
Iv heard rumers of a new dex210 and a new dnx408 and dnx408t when iv phoned a shop up to see if they got them or can get them! Surely they wouldn't bring 4 new cars out at once or is this all true?
Yep its about right however not sure about dnx408. Newest Dex408v2 allready on the market month ago. dex410v4 comming out soon. Durango touring car coming out January.
Sanwa M12
Old 07-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

to be honest If I had the money a 408 wouldn't be the direction I'd be heading,I would be going mugen,agama,losi or kyosho if you have the dosh, I think if you spoke to 90% of rallyx drivers they would point you in any direction than the durango one was discribed to be quite well by a top driver his words were "It's like a mistress,very nice on the eye,but costs a fortune to maintain,and most of the time a nightmare!"

If you do get one and find it a night mare you will then find the value has droped like a stone

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 07-01-2014

totally disagreeing with it being a nightmare to maintain? and i wouldnt go losi or agama! DNX isnt a bad car, if you started with electric and r a smooth driver it is fine if ur really agressive there could be a few problems!
Old 07-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Haldenby - I have a DNX408 that's in great shape - only raced it 2 or 3 times, I also have a bunch of spares for it etc - PM me if you are interested. Not letting it go for anything other than sensible money

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 07-01-2014

I have a dnx408T for sale. I have loads of Durango spares for either the DNX408, DNX408T or the DEX408 for sale
Old 08-01-2014

Any pics boys or forsake adds? thanks
Old 08-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Mine.

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 14-01-2014

I luv Durangos so much.. my DEX210 is my one ring, my precious. I'm also starting 8th nitro this year and looking for a car. Everyone at the track drives Xray XB9 and scoff at durangos... I know the past, I know that they have issues... I understand the 'mistress' comparison. I did once have a girl friend like that, Charlotte was her name, she was stunning and yeah cost a fortune to keep and was a real pain to be with sometimes... but man.. when she worked well... nuff said.

I'd rather drive a car that I have a passion for and costs me a bit more to maintain then drive what everyone else is driving and never quite have that thrill... It's like owning an Alpha Romeo or Aprillia.. you know they will cost you a fortune but when they work you will glow with happiness...

I know everyone at my new track in Malta is gonna shake there heads and laugh at me, I know every time something breaks I'm gonna get 'I told you so' I'm expecting to DNF a few rounds. But to be honest, I've been at the track, I've been a marshal at the track... and 4 out of the 9 a finalist of the last race driving XB9's did not finish either.

Now...where is my DNX408v3!!!

K

ANVIL-GFX
Old 14-01-2014

I also love durango 1/10 an ventured into their 1/8 products nitro and electric against the opinion of many local racers. Cant agree with the it will cost a fortune to run an brake easy. broke one front arm in the time i had mine but shock towers do like to bend

I can agree on that they are not the nicest car to drive, a decent setup isnt easy to find, have to be ryan lutz smooth to keep it straight. requires so much more concentration to get the same lap times as other brands and is so unforgiving.

Personally speaking if i was going nitro id be buying a mugen 7 or the new tekno nitro car. mp9 also is meant to be a great car but does like to go threw those expensive parts.
Old 14-01-2014

If your after a DNX408v2 I have one for sale send me a pm if interested and I can send pics on to you.

Thanks
Chris
Old 14-01-2014

The DNX definitly dosnt cost much to maintain and doesnt break often, its a very durable car, im surprised u broke an arm? they are super tough, they will bend over time but u must have done well to break it!

Ryan lutz smooth? he is a very aggressive driver it works for him but he is always on throttle!!!!
Old 14-01-2014

I can't speak for the DNX408 personally but I can certainly speak for the DEX408 which is the electric version which runs a lot of the same parts and over a full summer and winter season I have only had to replace one rear arm cause the screw was to short holding the bottom shock position and pulled out arm and a plastic spur that lost a tooth.

Also I was running it kit standard other than a full set of springs and set anti-roll bars so i am unsure what is needed extra to make these things perform. I have run at club and national level like this.

I have also just upgraded to the DEX408v2 car and that is amazing a massive step up again.

What suits one might not suit another but the best way to see yourself is to actually try things for yourself.

Old 15-01-2014

This is entertaining.. recent bashing vid from BigSquid ... the thing gets some uber air

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB85EeRAheU

K

ANVIL-GFX
Old 16-01-2014

The DEX408 and DNX408 are built pretty tough. And the wear rate is much lower than a Losi. Dont know why people like making comments like that. After a full season of racing I just replaced CVD pins, where were only a couple of bucks, some o-rings and bladders for the shocks, washed and and relubed the bearings. The most important part is maintenance. I always spray telfon lube into the CVDs before each race day, and I run those boots, which helps keep the dirt out and wear to minimal.

Just make sure you run a high torque servo for your throttle and also ensure your EPA is set right.
Old 16-01-2014

i never said it was hard to maintain, i said i cant (can not) agree that it will cost a fortune to maintain.

ryan lutz may be an agressive driver but he is much smoother with his throttle than the average driver which this car responeds well to.

as for the arm being tboned at end of the straight tends to brake things no matter what car.

everybody likes different things, personally i dislike durango 1/8 after owning both. thats not to say you wont love it