Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 12-07-2014

Default H4 Shocks - New Build - Microbubbles - Not Happy

I've just spend 4 hours (yes 4 hours) trying to build these shocks to my satisfaction and I just cant.

The shock bladder is according to the instructions to be pushed right into the top of the cap which I did (smeared in oil first).

I greased all of the seals in the bottom of the shocks to avoid air leaks / fluid leaks - something I regularly do but no joy.

With at least two of the shocks I'm getting microfoam in the oil when purging the air bubbles.

These shocks also appear to be inconsistent. Some builds I get rebound, others I get none - there doesnt seem to be any rhyme nor reason as to how to get these consistent.

There's a bleed hole in the top of the cap which appears to just be plain open at all times too so when I've got a shock which is hard and wont push all the way in if you force it a little, bleeds a little oil and air.

Im confused - I've tried everything I can think of, used all the kit oil and half a bottle of Schumacher 25wt I had too.

Either Im doing something wrong and I admit I've never come across shocks like these before, or these shocks are a crap design.

Are they supposed to rebound?

Why is there a bleed hole that's not sealable in the cap?

Why am I getting Microfoam despite my best efforts?

Not impressed so far - can anybody offer any help or advice on building these shocks please?

Thanks.

Rob.
Old 14-07-2014

almost impossible to build them without air in. read my build blog on www.thercracer.com and it shows you how to make them awesome, havent touched mine for 6months now any they are stil spot on
Old 14-07-2014

I had the same issue with Xray shocks and the forums say turn them upside down and unscrew the seal cap instead.
The hole in the top cap is to aid zero rebound so you get no air compressed above the bladder, might not be the case with your shocks but have used the same idea with a few makes and it works