Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 21-07-2010

Default Kyosho MP9E

Chaps!

Anyone tried the Kyosho MP9E? I feel that itch to try, but can't find much info from drivers. I'd be swapping it for my Hyper 9. Seems my last 5 cars have been Hobao's and I'd like to try out the Kyosho if it's any good.

Thanks!

Stig Berget - GMBK - Norway
Old 21-07-2010
Banned

what size pinion gear was you using with the spider diffs ? my motor are 2045kv and 1900kv and a tekin 2650kv as well wanted to use the tekin as it will be fast as hell but dont know what size pinion gear to get for these motor . my car is a hobao st truggy
Old 22-07-2010

The manager at one of our shops was using a MP9E. He said the quality was great and performance is probably comparable to a ofna 9E but in the end he went to a MBX6E and is raving that that is way better. Thats all I can tell ya.
Old 27-07-2010

Decided to scratch the itch.

MP9E is in the mail, and will be picked up today. Wonder if the kids will leave me alone long enought for me to assemble it before christmas.

Losi Madness: Motor and pinion size is very much connected to whatever battery size you choose. I have no idea of where to start with your ST, as I've only had my truggies nitro driven.

Old 28-07-2010

lemme know how your experience is... i've wanted to convert a mp9 for a long time lol, just never got the funds or chance to do it
Old 28-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyhead019 View Post
lemme know how your experience is... i've wanted to convert a mp9 for a long time lol, just never got the funds or chance to do it
I will. I have a few links to good conversion sites for you.

So far I've only assembled the diffs and rear parts. My guess is I'll have it dirty by the end of next week. First impression is good on assembled result. Looks tight and smooth.

Old 28-07-2010

everything I've read about the buggy says it's extremely well put together, glad to hear yours follows suit. I'm always on the hunt on ebay to pick up a used nitro one and convert it... I just need to wait until I have some extra $$ to throw at some of my projects now haha
Old 22-08-2010

I use the conversion from RCPD. Solid battery Tray.
try here: rcproductdesigns.com
Old 06-09-2010

Alrighty boys, update as follows: Got the MP9E dirty.

First impression compared to my Hyper 9E, is that this thing has got some steering in it. Boatloads of steering. Also, it's very stable in the air. I've purchased the rcproductdesigns center diff plate, and battery tray/mudguard. Very trick indeed! Provides me with enough space for my hipposize 6500 4 cell packs. Very happy with the ride so far, but need to try out some setups before I'm 100% pleased.

Setup at the moment is pretty much Kyosho textbook, except for oils. Diffs are at 7-7-5, shocks at 550/450. Black springs. (AKA Grid Iron medium on a loose dirt track.)

I also have a full set of TKI diffs, and I'm looking forward to seeing the difference in response with them. Should make it more agressive in throttle response.

Old 26-09-2010

Send a message via MSN to Zahir144

I'm interested in one of these but I'm having difficult in locating one for sale in the UK!

Any ideas? Are the spares also readily available?

Thanks
Old 26-09-2010
Banned

try ebay there was some last week new ones
Old 26-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Speak to Ryan @ JE Spares, they are the "GO TO" place for Kyosho stuff right now!!!! Tell him Rog sent you

I've driven an MP9e ... was VERY impressed by it I have to say, shame I have no time for another class!
Old 05-10-2010

Thanks for the advice Rog. Even though JE Spares didn't stock the MP9E, they've sourced one for me (at the lowest price I've seen in a UK model shop).

Great service.
Old 06-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

JE will, I am sure, be only too happy to source anything Kyosho for you (along with most other stuff too of course but since you can't get better than the mighty K' that won't interest you .. lol)

I've yet to see anything I've looked for in the ranges they stock at significantly better prices anywhere and they seem to be happy to get the 'unusual' parts too.

I don't think you will be disappointed by either tha car or the on-going service from JE

Have fun
Old 06-10-2010

Cheapest way to kit the inners out on your MP9E or convert your MP9 IC is buy a Inferno VE take the inners out bolt straight in as all the bolts and holes line up
Sell your rolling VE chassis on ebay with radio brand new as some one can convert to IC or EP as all the Holes line up on that aswell. Thats the beauty of the K cars you don't have to buy loads of different spares for new cars the try and use the same
Old 18-10-2010

So, having raced the MP9E for the first time yesterday I noted a few things..

Firstly the thing is stable. Probably due to the fact that it's quite a wide chassis compared to the likes of the Ve8 which seems narrower.

Secondly, it has lots of steering but not so much that it's unpredictable. It can make tight corners with the rear still being planted - a nice handling trait.

Thirdly, the 12T kit pinion with the 2200KV Mamba combo & 4S 5100 Orion battery is lacking top end - I think I could easily move up 3 teeth. The motor was barely warm after 5 mins.

Overall a good day - came 2nd!